Primary Job Responsibilities:
● Managing to ensure operational excellence in all warehouse areas, efficient operations of warehouse management system(s) and related equipment.
● Evaluates the effectiveness of and recommends alternatives for work methods, procedures, controls and staffing to achieve accurate and timely movement of product for delivery to our stores.
● Ensures a safe work environment through education and training, promoting safety awareness and accountability, and identifying safety opportunities.
● Provide direction and assistance to DC team about required resources needed to respond to workload variances.
● Monitor and enhance individual performance through clearly defined expectations, training, coaching and counseling to required results.
● Assesses talent of supervisors and provides feedback for career planning goals and development plans.
● Leads associates and peers to anticipate and solve problems and plan for upcoming events.
● Works collaboratively with Distribution Center Management Team to foster an environment that promotes the exchange of ideas.
● Ensures all policies are adhered to and effectively managed.
● Must possess excellent leadership and communication skills.
● Has demonstrated the ability to successfully develop talent within an organization.
● Must be strategic and analytical, grasping complex situations and quickly developing plans to deliver results.
● Computer literate (MS Office Suite and other DC specific systems/applications).
● College degree or 4+ years previous supervisory or management experience in a DC or warehouse environment.