Manufacturing Engineer – Cost Estimator
Your career awaits!
Company Summary: A highly respected manufacturing company is looking for you, an enthusiastic, and results-driven professional to join their team.
● Competitive benefits package for you and/or your family
● Committed to continuous improvement, encourages open communication challenges and opportunities for your growth.
● Professional and respectful culture, providing you the opportunity to innovate and thrive.
● Assess supplier candidate and selected supplier tooling and fixture cost proposals and process proposals for machined products and assemblies used in automotive chassis, engines and transmissions, and develop and recommend ways to reduce related costs and achieve new model investment targets.
● Reviews cost calculations for reasonableness and sets target costs.
● Reviews supplier processes, tool construction and negotiates with assigned suppliers to achieve target.
● Determines the scope and impact of design changes to exclusive investment during new model development cycle.
● Develops and brings up to date cost tables and related estimating tools.
● Participates in Machining Fixture or Assembly Fixture investment reduction team projects.
● Conducts follow-up meetings and periodic progress reports to Senior Management.
● Researches and monitors relevant industry trends.
● Reviews part specification and set target costs with new model team.
● Reviews supplier exclusive investment quotations and process details to determine necessary actions.
● Leads supplier meetings and negotiations.
● Supports internal activities related to cost table development, investment analysis and other projects.
● Conducts future model planning related to creating process improvement ideas.
● Bachelors’ of Science degree in Manufacturing, Industrial or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience machining high precision, tight tolerance, high volume production parts.
● Five years of automotive machining tooling (jigs, fixtures, processes) experience including tooling construction, costing and designing experience; if non-automotive experience, must be high precision, tight tolerance high volume experience.
● Ability to determine most efficient process and tooling & fixture construction in line with production volume and part specification requirements.
● Knowledge of machine fixture construction and related costs.
● Develop knowledge and ability to apply lean manufacturing philosophy, tools and methods.
● Ability to read drawings (blue prints).
● Cost negotiation experience.
● Strong math and analytical skills.
● High initiative to gather information and details used to support analysis and proposals.
● Good interpersonal communication and presentation skills (verbal & written) with all levels to enact change.
● Ability to work in teams and build consensus.
● Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously within project deadlines.
● Average one domestic trip per 2 weeks (1 – 2 days per trip). International travel average of once per year (1 – 2 weeks per trip).
● Willingness to work overtime (cyclical based on business needs).
● Experience with budgeting, working within a budget or targeted objective.
● Cost target and cost table development experience.
● Experience working with Japanese companies.
● Proficiency with Microsoft Office (including Excel, PowerPoint).
● Working knowledge of CAD software (preferably CATIA V5).