The Store Manager supervises and manages the assigned retail store to ensure efficient operation which shall include, but not be limited to: sales, merchandising, pricing, maintenance, display, and related paperwork.
1. Supervise store personnel and assigned trainees.
2. Arrange store windows, store displays, and promotional activities.
3. Develop working knowledge and adhere to all store policies and procedures, including, but not
limited to: opening and closing, pricing, markdowns, and accurate and timely completion of
4. Schedule store personnel to ensure adequate coverage, make schedule changes and cover for
store personnel as business dictates.
5. Sell merchandise and provide customer service and assistance as well as resolve customer
complaints through HGI policy implementation.
6. Maintain store premises and merchandise in a clean, safe and organized fashion. Assure store
supplies are on hand as required.
7. Maintain store safety/security and safeguard premises and merchandise at all times.
8. Receive and check incoming merchandise shipments and maintain adequate stock levels on
racks and fixtures.
9. Price merchandise, rotate stock and markdown prices in accordance with pricing policies and
10. Ring sales correctly on cash register, handle money, cash reconciliation, and make store
deposits in accordance with policy.
11. Perform administrative and clerical duties of store operation.
1. Must have reliable transportation and cell phone.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Ability to lift up to forty (40) pounds.
2. Capable of moving up and down stairs/ladders without difficulty.
3. Ability to present a professional and positive image of Hagerstown Goodwill Industries.
4. Good math skills.
5. Strong communication skills - both oral and written.
6. Ability to be flexible for schedule changes as business needs dictate.
7. Ability to provide motivation, leadership, and supervision to store personnel and trainees.
8. Ability to learn and follow HGI’s policies and procedures, as well as attend required training.
9. Ability to relate to and have an understanding of the needs of people with disabling and
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. High School Diploma or equivalent required.
2. At least two years retail experience required with increasing responsibilities preferred.
3. Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation for banking and meetings.
4. Must have telephone.
The right individual should have the following:
* Understanding of managing a high volume thrift business
* Management knowledge and experience
* World class customer service skills