1. Â Earned doctorate or equivalent terminal degree from an accredited institution in Education or closely related field.
2. Â Three (3) years of professional experience in academic leadership at the level of department chairperson or higher or comparable professional experience.
3. Â Attained the rank of full professor or demonstrated a record of comparable professional experience prior to appointment.
4. Â Evidence of distinguished teaching, scholarship, research, publication, and/or professional excellence and achievement.
5. Â Evidence of strong interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills.
6. Â Demonstrated fundraising ability and/or experience.
7. Â Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with multiple constituencies such as indigenous communities.
8. Â Ability to function successfully in a multicultural and multi-ethnic environment.
9. Â Demonstrated commitment to consultative and collaborative processes.
10. Â Demonstrated commitment to the highest ethical and academic standards.
11. Â Demonstrated experience in partnering with industry to develop opportunities for the technical, pedagogical, and professional development of students.
12. Â Experience with accrediting bodies.
1. Â Demonstrated experience creating and developing innovative programs/initiatives.
2. Â Demonstrated experience working with indigenous and/or Native Hawaiian communities.
3. Â Demonstrated commitment to effective use of information technology and distance education.
4. Â National recognition and reputation in the education community; and/or the ability to command the respect of colleagues in research, university administration, federal agencies, and other extramural funding sources.
5. Â Familiarity with or experience in a unionized environment in higher education.
6. Â Demonstrated experience in partnering with K-12 constituents.