The Omaha Branch of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City is seeking a Senior Solution Architect to drive the design, development, and engineering of large, highly complex payment applications. As the owner of the architecture, you will orchestrate implementation of proposed solutions on small and medium sized projects, leveraging the appropriate IT service providers in the fulfillment of the architecture.
You will be a key driver of a dynamic and collaborative environment with geographically distributed teammates working in an agile development environment. It will be critical to establish and foster strong relationships with a broad audience of customers, service providers, vendor partners, technical peers and management. You will be an authoritative source on a narrowly defined technical domain, while remaining generally knowledgeable regarding broad industry segments.
● Partner with business stakeholders to confirm understanding of business drivers and strategy, communicate cost/benefit analysis, and propose appropriate technical options to needs while managing appropriate design tradeoffs.
● Design technical architectures that fulfill business strategies leveraging industry & organizational standards, patterns and best practices.
● Lead technical teams through the implementation of their designs, coding the most complex features within those designs
● Collaborate with other technical and business teams to help shape local and national technology practices.
● Provide mentorship to local development staff.
● Remain current on emerging technologies and conducts independent research to support business needs and requirements.
This is a highly visible and mission critical role within the bank. We expect you to have at least a decade of experience at the Solution Architect level directly related to the design and development of software solutions with some experience in enterprise-class solutions.
In this case, we expect you to bring some native knowledge and expertise with Payment Card device technology (i.e. POS, Verifone, screen layout, receipt layout, EFT message queue, etc.) and security surrounding payment systems (i.e. PKI, PSK, and Hardware Security Modules / HSM.)
Advanced knowledge of industry standards and best practices surrounding all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) with demonstrated expertise in the following is also expected
● Java Enterprise Applications and related Web Frameworks (e.g. Spring MVC, Struts, etc.)
● Modern ORM technology (e.g. Hibernate, JPA, etc.)
● Object Oriented Design Patterns.
● Unit Testing.
● Agile software development principles.
● Experience with C++, C, C#, and shell scripting in a virtual environment (VirtualBox, VMWare) Veteran of the US Military.
● Bachelor’s degree specializing in information systems, technology, or equivalent.