Everts Air Cargo is currently
seeking candidates for a Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic for its Anchorage Facility. The successful candidate will be
a highly motivated, detail oriented, and self-starter demonstrating the ability
to work in a rapidly changing environment within a diverse workforce. The
position requires excellent communication skills, above average computer skills.
All applicants must be able to successfully complete a federal
criminal background check in order to obtain an airport badge.
Everts Air Cargo is an established Alaskan Air Carrier specializing in the
transport of cargo throughout Alaska and to domestic and international charter
destinations. We are a dynamic airline with an expanding fleet and route
Perform maintenance on company aircraft for safe and reliable flights.
1. Perform major and minor repairs or alterations to company aircraft including engine systems, flight controls, fuel systems, hydraulic systems, landing gear systems, and structural components.
2. Adjust, align, and calibrate aircraft systems using hand tools, gauges, and test equipment.
3. Disassemble and inspect parts and engines for wear, warping, or other defects such as cracks, breaks, or leaks.
4. Perform heavy checks, service checks, line maintenance pre-flights and troubleshooting.
5. Remove and install aircraft engines and propellers.
6. Modify aircraft structures, systems, or components, following drawings, engineering or technical publications.
7. Execute towing, taxiing and engine run-up of aircraft.
8. Service and maintain aircraft systems.
9. Test engine and system operations.
10. Heat, deice, and refuel aircraft as required.
11. Launch and recover company aircraft.
12. Operate ground support equipment and performs minor maintenance as necessary.
13. Available for on-call contract maintenance as needed.
14. Document aircraft maintenance repairs and alterations IAW FAR’s using appropriate company forms.
15. Sign out serviceable aircraft parts and tag repairable parts removed from the aircraft engines or components.
16. Read and interpret aircraft maintenance manuals and specifications to determine efficient methods of replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
17. Be familiar with all company manuals and AD notes. Periodically review maintenance bulletins.
1. Requires an Airframe and Powerplant Certificate.
2. Requires the ability to understand and retain information provided verbally and written.
3. Requires knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, benefits, repair, and maintenance.
4. Requires manual dexterity to assemble and dissemble intricate assemblies.
5. Requires frequent lifting of weights of 70 lb or more.
6. Requires standing on hard surfaces, floors, ladders, and work stands for extended periods of time.
7. Requires the ability to work in extreme weather conditions.