THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
· Serve as a QA liaison to Ako; learning from and implementing applicable Japanese techniques and requirements for QA improvements.
· Communicate to and support implementation of industry best practices with the supply chain.
· Know MEPPI’s Quality, Safety and Environmental Policies and be able to discuss their importance and how they impact work.
THE DESCRIPTION ABOVE REPRESENTS THE MOST SIGNIFICANT ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF THE JOB BUT DOES NOT EXCLUDE OTHER OCCASIONAL WORK ASSIGNMENTS NOT MENTIONED.
THE NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
· Perform other duties as assigned in support of ongoing business activities which include but are not limited to: the ISO-9001 program, daily and routine manufacturing and QC inspection issues, Kaizen and lean mfg. initiatives, internal audits, customer visits or field assessments, testing issues or general QA/QC procedural matters.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Technology, or other related technical area, plus a minimum of five years’ experience in a quality assurance role with heavy supplier interface or equivalent education and experience.
· Advanced training and knowledge in statistical process control, statistical tools, ISO-9001 (or other regulated quality management systems), root cause analysis, etc.
· Certifications with ASQ (e.g., CQT, CQE, CQA, CQM, CSSGB, CSSBB, etc.); preferred.
· Developed knowledge of quality control principles and practices.
· Developed computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft Office products.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL CHARACTERISTICS OF THE POSITION AND ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS OF THE WORKPLACE:
· Ability to use office equipment and tools, such as: PC, photocopier, fax machine, test equipment, quality instruments, digital camera, etc.
· Able to travel domestic and international to conduct source inspections and audits as required.
· Ability to communicate with others to complete work assignments.
· Ability to analyze data and develop accompanying reports.