Prepare and negotiate bids in the Power Transformer Division for Transformer products and services. Enter orders.
THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
· Work with Company’s region managers, MELCO, manufacturers’ representatives, etc. to obtain bid opportunities.
· Prepare and submit the Company technical and commercial proposal for products/services in response to a customer’s RFQ. Interface with factories, MELCO overseas marketing department, other suppliers and customers to clarify the proposal.
· Assist in establishing partnerships and long-term agreements with key customers.
· Reserve manufacturing slots for partnership customers.
· Estimate the Company’s product/service costs. Recommend prices to support the Company’s margin requirements and reflect market price.
· Support and assist purchasing efforts to improve cost positions on purchased materials and services in order to increase profitability while maintaining quality and reliability.
· Support and assist in customer proposal negotiations, both technical and commercial.
· Confirm customer orders are consistent with the proposal. Enter orders and turnover to Project Manager.
· Identify all contract requirements and commitments.
· Maintain the bid file.
· Obtain feedback on each bid and close out. Maintain database regarding bids and provide regular and special reports from database. Analyze lost bids and develop strategies to improve on future bids and increase orders-entered success rate.
· Conduct technical presentations to customers on company products.
· Develop sales aids and customer presentation material.
· Assist bid preparation by other sales engineers as needed to meet peak bid periods.
· Use product and market expertise to prepare quarterly market summary reports and formulate strategy for the product.
· Meet all deadlines for proposal submittals.
· Support and assist the Sales Manager as needed.
· Support and make recommendation to improve Company policies and procedures.
· Further the goals and positive, professional image of the Power Transformer Division through interaction with other MEPPI divisions and vendors.
· Take lead role in special projects (such as addressing a warranty problem, EPRI study, etc.)
· Know MEPPI’s Quality and Environmental Policies. Be able to fully discuss the importance of these policies and how they impact work.
THE DESCRIPTION ABOVE REPRESENTS THE MOST SIGNIFICANT ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF THE JOB BUT DOES NOT EXCLUDE OTHER OCCASIONAL WORK ASSIGNMENTS NOT MENTIONED.
THE NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
· Obtain leadership role in IEEE and other technical activities to support sales effort and gain understanding of product and industry.
· Accompany customers to design reviews, witness tests, and report results.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or equivalent technical discipline; minimum 3 years experience in engineering, marketing, sales, sales support or equivalent education and experience.
· Developed verbal and written communications skills.
· Developed organizational skills.
· Developed interpersonal skills for dealing internally and with customers.
· General understanding of contract terms and conditions and how to negotiate them.
· Strong computer skills, emphasizing knowledge of MS Office products.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL CHARACTERISTICS OF THE POSITION AND ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS OF THE WORKPLACE:
· Ability to use office equipment, such as: PC, photocopier, fax machine, etc.
· Ability to travel domestic and international up to 30% of the time.
· Ability to analyze data.
· Ability to communicate with others to complete work.