Company: Charleston Job Corps Center - Horizons Youth Services
At least 3 year(s)
Job Summary: Responsible for planning, developing, implementing, overseeing, and integrating safety and security programs for the Center. Duties:
• Ensures and enforces all laws, rules and policies within his/her scope of authority
• Foot patrols all assigned areas and remains alert for disturbances, fires, safety hazards, traffic violators, suspicious acts and/or persons, and other unusual conditions
• Aids and assists visitors, student employees and staff in every way possible
• Performs building security and safety checks
• Receives complaints and performs appropriate investigations
• Provides transportation service as needed
• Investigates vehicle accidents at the Center
• Issues visitor passes and temporary parking permits
• Performs main entrance duty
• Assists staff in quelling disturbances
• Prepares written accident reports and other reports as required
• Coordinates recruiting, selecting, and training of security cadets
• Participates in preparation and enforcement of Center’s safety and fire prevention program
• Conducts daily briefing with security cadets that cover assignments, proper dress, and procedures
• Provides written and oral reports, briefings, or summaries to appropriate staff
• Ensures all equipment is properly maintained
• Provides vehicle checks to entering and exiting traffic
• Complies with all DOL guidelines, OFCCP regulations, Job Corps notices and bulletins, and Center policies and procedures
• Maintains good housekeeping in all areas and complies with safety practices
• Follows CDSS plan and Code of Conduct system daily.
• Models, mentors, monitors appropriate Career Success Standards.
• Continuously helps students become more employable
• Participation in PRH mandated staff training is mandatory. Failure to participate may result in disciplinary actions up to and including termination.
• Assists in maintaining student security and accountability during training, day and evening, by continuously walking through those areas where students are being trained, having lunch, participating in dorm activities, recreational activities, and monitors grounds over entire Center
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Experience: Three years security experience. Safety related training preferred. At least one year in a residential living setting and background in youth programs or law enforcement is preferred. Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associates Degree preferred. Combination of education and experience, on a year-for-year basis, may substitute for degree. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid State Drivers License – Class C CDL Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand and walk; to reach with hands and arms and talk and listen. The employee is occasionally required to sit; to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; to taste and to smell. The employee must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision capabilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision.
2017 True Careers Inc. All rights reserved |
Entry Level Jobs
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in UK
Free Career Test