Tooling Engineer Cost Estimator – Plastics / Injection Molding
Your career awaits!
Company Summary: A highly respected manufacturing company is looking for you, an enthusiastic, and results-driven professional to join their team.
● Competitive benefits package for you and/or your family
● Committed to continuous improvement, encourages open communication challenges and opportunities for your growth.
● Professional and respectful culture, providing you the opportunity to innovate and thrive.
● Reviews cost calculation for reasonableness and sets target costs.
● Reviews suppliers’ process, tool construction and negotiates with assigned suppliers to company’s cost target.
● Presents suppliers new model investment status to Purchasing Senior Management, identifying issues and countermeasures to solve the issues.
● Determines the impact of design change to exclusive investment during new model development.
● Develops/updates cost tables.
● Participates in various Plastic-related investment reduction projects.
● Reviews part specification and sets target costs internally with new model design team.
● Reviews supplier exclusive investment quotations and processes.
● Leads supplier meetings/negotiations.
● Support of internal activities (cost tables, investment analysis of similar models).
● Future model planning (strategy to use or improve existing processes).
● Degree not required but is a plus. Toolmaker apprentice card/journeyman or state certified toolmaker a plus.
● Minimum of 5 years of automotive plastics tooling experience including experience with construction, cost and design experience.
● Ability to determine most efficient process and tool construction while considering production volumes and part specification requirements.
● Base understanding of plastics molding construction and related costs.
● Ability to read drawings (blue prints).
● Cost negotiation experience.
● Strong analytical skills.
● Good interpersonal communication skills.
● Presentation experience (PowerPoint).
● High initiative required due to difficulty of collecting necessary details to analyze investment level.
● Flexibility – ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet project deadlines.
● Domestic travel – trips are normally 1 day.
● International travel (Japan) – 1 – 2 times per year (1 – 2 weeks per trip).
● Willingness to work overtime as necessary.
● Experience with working within a budget.
● Cost target and cost table development experience.
● Previous experience with Japanese companies.
● Proficient with Windows Software (PowerPoint, Excel, etc.).
● Working knowledge of CAD software (preferably CATIA V5).