Provides Extraordinary Care to patients, and customers through friendly, caring, courteous, and professional service. This position is responsible for collecting on and resolving self-pay accounts by utilizing inbound / outbound call procedures and departmental expectations.
Essential Job Duties
• 1. Provides best-in-class customer service, has empathy and compassion, responds to patient complaints and concerns while remaining focused on providing a positive patient experience.
• 2. Makes specific commitments for resolution of outstanding issues. Responds timely to customers, requests appropriate adjustment codes ensuring applicable back up is provided and explains appropriate and accurate billing processes.
• 3. Enters appropriate notes in each identified software application and follows appropriate account follow up actions (i.e, setting up payment plans, sending information to Support, etc.)
• Two years customer service experience.
• Demonstrated interpersonal and negotiation skills as well as the ability to work well under stress.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a high volume fast paced work environment and meet deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to embrace and manage change in a positive and supportive manner.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate and problem solve issues professionally and effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
• Demonstrated ability to think independent, evaluate situations and take appropriate action to resolve with minimal direction.
• One year working knowledge of healthcare collections to include medical insurance billing
• Medical terminology, admitting, medical billing, or insurance verification experience
• Bi-lingual Spanish speaking