Position Overview: To assist the Controller in carrying out the day-to-day financial responsibilities of the company and ensuring the department creates accurate and timely financial records for the company.
Essential Job Functions:
● Ensures that financial policies and procedures and records comply with Federal, State and local rules and regulations.
● Reconcile operating accounts on a daily basis and payroll accounts on a monthly basis to ensure completeness and accuracy in cash reporting.
● Record monthly revenue and cost accruals as part of the month-end close process.
● Assist Controller in month-end close process and monthly P&L generation.
● Assist Controller in generating monthly, quarterly and year-end financial statements.
● Record monthly journal entries for depreciation and amortization.
● Accrue month-end employee expenses and corporate card expenses.
● Record and post payments from consumers and Medicaid payers and maintain A/R balance daily.
● Enter and Record A/P invoices as they arrive and ensure A/P balance is properly stated.
● Mail Payments for A/P invoices after check runs.
● Reconcile balance sheet accounts on a periodic and timely basis to verify that all items were correctly posted to the account.
● Forecast ending cash balances on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
● Prepare and file local tax forms for branch offices.
● Any other tasks assigned by Controller.
● Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Accounting from a 4-year university or college.
● At least 1 year of Public Accounting or Private Industry experience in the General Ledger Accounting department.
● Basic understanding of Microsoft Office.
● Experience with QuickBooks, preferred.
● Understanding of basic Accrual-Basis Accounting policies and US GAAP.
● CPA, preferred.
● Must have a reliable form of transportation.
● Supportive of OSH’s Core Values and of team concept.
● Ability to manage multiple tasks on a daily basis and manage time efficiently.
● Attention to detail and ability to follow processes as established by Controller.
● Able to work in a fast paced work environment.
● Ability to effectively communicate externally as well as internally with all levels of the organization.
● Focus on Customer Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond appropriately to the needs of internal and external customers to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
● Ability to handle confidential information in compliance with HIPAA.
● Ability to handle sensitive information in a calm and professional manner.
● Ability to lead change and innovation.
● Public relations ability, interpersonal skills and professional telephone manner.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
● Ability to perform tasks involving physical activity, which may include light moving and extensive self-positioning.