HRU Technical Resources
( Learn More )
Under general direction, performs increasingly complex maintenance and technical work repairing building systems, electrical systems, small machines, equipment and grounds common to Operations & Maintenance (O&M) contract facility sites and structures.
1. Performs routine repair of structures, which may include wall repairs, carpet installation, painting, sanding walls in preparation for painting, etc.
2. Performs safety check on heating, cooling and other equipment.
3. Must comply with work order system to include interpreting work orders, performing work requested and completing work orders with general direction.
4. Provides direction and training to less experienced Maintenance Generalists
5. Mixes appropriate chemical(s) (i.e. cleaning, fertilizer, construction compounds) per manufacturer's specifications.
6. May perform the replacement of minor electrical devices.
7. May operate various groundskeeping equipment associated with mowing, planting, trimming, or pruning, etc. as required. Operates sprinkler systems, performs corrective action for lawn stress situations, utilizes appropriate fertilization compounds and systems.
8. May operate and maintain heavy equipment such as floor scrubbers, buffers, waxing machines, forklifts or groundskeeping equipment such front end loaders or a back-hoe.
9. Moves furniture and equipment as assigned.
10. Assists with securing assigned area(s). May perform routine security tours of buildings and grounds. Ensures identification of employees or visitors. Investigates disturbances, and in the event of an emergency, maintains order and safety of personnel and gounds. May serve as liaison with police on mutual probems.
11. May assist in layout, construction and repair of a variety of plant or office structures such as walls, partitions, doors, concrete forms, raised floors, ceiling tiles or roofs. Assists in layout for equipment installation.
12. May assist in construction work such as laying brick, block, ceramic tile, concrete walkways or asphalt.
13. Complies with all company policies and procedures and adheres to company standards.
14. Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
15. Performs any other miscellaneous duties as requested.
1. High school graduate or equivalent.
2. Ability to read labels, directions, work orders, etc.
3. Requires three or more years of general maintenance experience or three or more years in previous Maintenance Generalist positions.
4. Must possess a valid drivers license.
5. Must be a team player committed to working in a quality environment.
6. Ability to work second or third shift, holidays, and weekends as required.
7. Must be physically able to perform maintenance tasks to the highest caliber, which includes ability to: climb ladders, work in confined spaces, lift heavy objects weighing up to 50 lbs., etc.
2017 True Careers Inc. All rights reserved |
Entry Level Jobs
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in UK
Free Career Test