Job Description: Commercial Systems Integration Technician
Company Description: We are a leader in structured communications infrastructure in the Mid-Atlantic Region. We design, install, maintain and support fiber optic & copper cabling, for both inside and outside plant, including aerial and underground, as well as video surveillance systems, access control, Audio/Visual Systems and network electronics.
We offers state of the art one-vendor solution for information technology products to the Healthcare, Education, Public & Private business, and Government sectors.
Position Summary: The Commercial Systems Integration Technician Installs, services, configures and programs complex systems involving multiple special devices. Provide remote technical support to core commercial installers.
·Represent the company by serving as the direct customer contact and is responsible for servicing products and equipment on assigned projects, ensuring customer satisfaction by identifying, analyzing, diagnosing and repairing equipment and systems at customer’s location
·Installs appropriate devices; dismantles and reconstructs equipment as required by scope of work.
·Adapt product/solution offerings to meet client business goals;
·Conducts service calls and prewires job sites
·Works safely and responsibly to avoid injuries, damage to property, loss of unused materials and cleans up installation debris
·Follows and/or adapt proper schematic wiring diagrams and hook-up procedures. Tests operation of system to the scope of work and customers satisfaction.
·Interpret building, electrical and architectural blueprints as required.
· Manage installation teams on larger projects
· Properly maintain as-builds and all system documentation while systems are installed.
· Interface with customers to resolve installation and service concerns and questions.
·Interface and update operations with job status and project issues.
· Train end users in the proper use of their systems.
·Ensure that systems are installed in a time efficient manner, and maximize productivity
• Minimum of 3 years installation experience in one or more of the following low voltage, Security & Surveillance and A/V integration fields:
1. CCTV systems, (Exacq, Milestone Systems, Axis, Bosch, Sony, Vivotek)
a. A/V systems: Crestron, AMX, Extron, or Lutron, Hubbell-Premise, Leviton
2. Access Control & Security Systems, (S2 Security, Honeywell, HID, Door Locking mechanisms, AiPhone doorking, etc,;)
a. Intrusion Systems: Honeywell Vista experience
3. Nurse Call Systems,
4. Voice Systems, & Integration of Ethernet Electronics, (Cisco, D-link, Netgear, Fios, T1, TLS, Avaya)
5. Wireless, Paging Systems, & Master Clocks, (Bogen, Valcom, Class Connection)
6. Structured Fiber Optic, Copper & Coax, Cabling,
7. Audio/Visual presentation system design, (Digital Signage, projectors, Flat Panel, Smart boards, distribution systems; considered a plus)
8. Fire alarm and life safety systems. (Accepting only NICET IV Certified applicants with the ability to manage at this time)
9. Integration, Installation & programming knowledge is required.
• Extensive knowledge of low voltage technology is required
• CTS, CTD-I,CTS-D, certifications proffered
• Working knowledge of construction, electrical and engineering drawings.
• Position requires the ability to work both independently and within a team environment by maintaining flexibility to work overtime and weeks as the business requires, including occasional overnight stays
• Exceptional customer service and communication skills are essential.
• Strong computer skills, & experience in Microsoft Office, QuickBooks, Take-Off Software, and familiar with Customer Relations Management Tools.