Nurse Supervisor - Night Shift - $7,500 Sign on Bonus
Company: HealthSouth Nursing
4 Year Degree
** $7,500 Sign on Bonus for 1 Year Commitment **
Now Hiring Night Shift Nursing Supervisor
Helping patients regain hope and independence
Act as the direct link to help patients succeed in inpatient rehabilitation by supervising care and treatments provided by team members, leading patient assessments, creating personalized plans of care, communicating progress and targeting patient concerns, offering timely solutions.
The HealthSouth Difference
The importance of nursing to HealthSouth rehabilitation hospitals can't be overstated. At HealthSouth, comprehensive rehabilitation is planned and administered by a highly specialized and integrated team including physicians, nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists, speech therapists, occupational therapists, case managers and others. Rehabilitation nurses are a valuable resource and bring an important perspective to this interdisciplinary approach. HealthSouth's nurses help the patients regain control of their lives and their independence, treating complex medical issues and redefining how care is provided.
Only the best will do
Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
College savings plan
Employee assistance program
Pre-paid legal plan
and much more!
Eighty percent of patients discharged directly home
Our registered nursing teams get to know patients over two to four weeks on average, providing care for conditions such as:
Spinal cord injury
Advanced tools to support patient progress
Evidence-based practice guidelines
Clinical outcomes to assess and improve treatment interventions
National outcomes database
Internal and external education
Professional treatment teams
The Nursing Supervisor is responsible for:
• assisting in the development and implementation of patient care programs, policies, and procedures that describe how patients' needs for nursing care, treatment, and services are assessed, evaluated, and met. This position will support cultural diversity by ensuring that the delivery of quality, equitable and culturally competent patient-centered care is provided; promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity; and ensuring that cultural diversity and sensitivity training is part of new employee orientation on an on-going basis to meet the needs of the patient population served in the hospital.
Current Kansas Registered Nursing License
Two years nursing experience in a hospital setting required
5:30 pm – 7am
Every third weekend rotation
License or Certification:
- Current RN licensure appropriate to state regulations (unrestricted)
- BLS certification with ACLS certification to be obtained within one year of hire or entry in to position
- CRRN certification to be obtained within a year of meeting the eligibility requirement to sit for the examination
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or related field preferred
- Two years recent (within the last 5 years) experience in an inpatient hospital setting
- Served in leadership roles such as charge nurse or lead capacity where they had responsibility for interim reporting, issue resolution, setting direction and had accountability for results
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 30 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple competing demands while maintaining a calm, professional demeanor.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
2017 True Careers Inc. All rights reserved |
Entry Level Jobs
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in UK
Free Career Test