ITC Service Group (“ITC"), is a leading provider of broadband installation, planning, design and staffing solutions to the telecommunications industry. Through our wireless division, ITC provides outsourced services for the wireless communications industry, including planning, deployment, construction, and management of network build-outs. ITC’s wireless division provides wireless carriers with comprehensive real estate site acquisition and zoning services, radio frequency and network design and engineering, infrastructure equipment construction and installation, maintenance, DAS and in-building services, small cell deployment, radio transmission base station modification and project management services.
An ITC client, one of the largest privately held international utility contracting firms, with offices in 80 cities and celebrating 85 years of operating with a reputation as one of the most reliable and innovative firms in engineering and construction, is currently seeking a CADD Technician. The CADD Technician is responsible for supporting internal and external engineering plan design and drafting needs.
Must be able to pass a background check, pre-employment drug test, and motor vehicle driving history check.
This contract has an estimated duration of 12 months with potential to extend.
• Collaborate with internal Engineers and Designers
• Perform plan design and drafting
• Perform large format plotting, scanning, and copying
• Perform file and record research activities
• Perform field data collection activities
• Operate Autodesk AutoCAD with satisfactory level of competency
• Communicate effectively via phone and email
• Travel to various work site and office locations
• Work in a team-oriented environment
• Plan and design projects- Review project requirements to determine necessary resources, timelines, and budgets to ensure technical and safety expectations are realized to meet both, customer’s and company specifications
• Prepare man-hour estimates and track costs throughout the project on a bi-weekly basis
• Meet with or update Customer and management weekly on the project status
• Provide a bi-weekly project budget summary for active work. Keep a completion report of the project and actual man-hours worked for each project throughout the year
• Prepare preliminary and detailed designs, drawings and specifications to customer requirements
• Prepare construction plans, material requirements and cost estimates for electrical distribution overhead and underground projects
• High School Education and/or Trade School Education
• Experience with Autodesk AutoCAD
• Experience with Bentley MicroStation or Verizon ICGS
• Experience with Microsoft Office
• Willing to travel
• Willing to work overtime, including weekends when necessary
• Experience in the Telecommunications or Utilities industries a plus