The primary purpose of this position is to assist in the development and implementation of the marketing plan; provide research activities on marketing trends within the industry; recommend marketing strategies; perform a variety of creative and support duties related to marketing; coordinate participation in community events and production of newsletters; and assist in administration of promotions and employees sales programs.
• Deliver service, to both internal and external members, in alignment with the credit union’s Service Promises.
• We promise to make it easy to do business with us
• We promise to treat you with respect
• We promise to identify and take ownership of your needs
• We promise to make a positive difference in your financial life
• We promise to thank you for being a member
• Meets all established sales and service goals.
• Possess adequate product knowledge as measured by the annual product knowledge certification assessment
• Assist the marketing director in the development and implementation of the marketing plan.
• Support the organizations marketing efforts, thru the coordination of assigned activities between the
• Credit Union and any 3rd party vendor to include website, social media, and other media outlets.
• Track assigned budget, as assigned and approved by marketing director.
• Manage due dates, deadlines, and calendars for marketing activities.
• Maintain and extract data from the Master Customer Information File (MCIF).
• Work with marketing director to develop, implement, analyze, and execute marketing promotions, mailings, and other marketing correspondence.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop marketing and communications plans that leverage the social media space. You will own the strategy and the execution of the ideas.
• Responsible for developing content across owned earned channels. This could include blog posts, tweets, status updates, pins, photos, videos, website, digital televisions and signage.
• Creates, manages and grows business presence across social media channels, including, but not limited to blogs, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn and YouTube.
• Leverages measurement tools to provide progress reports and mine insights, while continually finding ways to improve on those metrics through testing and new initiatives
• Capture photos of Credit Union events and maintain photos for future presentations.
• Assist with planning and coordinating annual and special events and seminars.
• Develop imagery for all media that support the marketing strategies and goals.
• Assist the Marketing Director and associated team members as needed.
• Requires equivalent four years college classes or Bachelor of Arts Degree in marketing or related field.
• At least two years of experience in marketing, public relations, or digital media is required.
• At least two years of development and management of digital marketing and social media preferred.
• Financial institution experience preferred.
• Work requires intermediate working knowledge of Adobe, graphics software, MS Office, and mail merge.
• Requires intermediate mathematical skills (calculations and concepts involving percentages, fractions, decimals, etc.).
• Requires creative thinking with innovative approach to branding.
• Possess a valid driver’s license.
• Requires 10 – 15% local travel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, bend, kneel, and reach above or at shoulder level. The employee must occasionally lift/push/pull and/or carry up to 50 pounds. The employee will drive/travel in a vehicle at least 10-15% of each workweek.