The Village Assisted Living and Memory Care, a premier Assisted Living and Memory Care community located in Denton, TX, is seeking a Vibrant Life Director/Activity Director to join our team.
The Vibrant Life Director is responsible for organizing, planning, facilitating and directing the overall operations of the Activities Department in accordance with current standards, guidelines and regulations, company policies and procedures, and as may be directed by the Executive Director to assure that an on-going program of activities is designed to meet, in accordance with the assessment, the interests and the physical, mental, and psychological well-being of each resident. The Activity Director is also responsible for developing wellness programs for families to meet their identified needs and conducting staff in-services.
Our ideal candidate will possess the following skills and abilities:
The essential duties and responsibilities described below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the basic functions of the position. While every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of the position, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is an essential function of the position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
1. Primary responsibility is to provide a creative social atmosphere throughout the property and promote resident and family participation through regularly scheduled events, activities, special programs and guest speakers, movie showings, exercise sessions.
2. Coordinate and attend all special functions and activity programs for major Holidays.
3. Ensure activities and events acknowledge and meet the cultural, religious and ethnic diversity and interests of the residents and their families.
4. Personally meet with each new resident within thirty (30) days of move-in to ensure completion of a "Life’s Journey Assessment".
5. Understand and ensure compliance with all Federal (Title 22) and state regulations concerning the department.
6. Actively encourage resident participation in all activities.
7. Actively engage in residents’ activities through personally leading activities no less than ten (10) hours per week.
8. Hire, evaluate, coordinate, motivate, monitor performance and supervise department staff in accordance with company policy and department budget. Make recommendations to the Executive Director with respect to staff evaluations, merit pay increases, reprimands, disciplinary actions and terminations.
9. Monitor compliance with Department’s budget through the effective and timely completion of Monthly Spend Downs.
10. Ensure compliance with all of company’s policy and procedures for proper use of Petty Cash in conjunction with performance of job duties.
11. Ensure all necessary vendor/entertainer check requests are completed accurately and timely and in accordance with all company policies and procedures. This includes the timely and accurate completion of W-9 submissions from the vendor/entertainer.
12. As directed, plan, schedule, prepare and conduct staff in-services.
13. Coordinate transportation needs of the residents and maintain transportation schedule for all events, activities and appointments.
14. Possess the ability, licensure and willingness to drive community van.
15. Ensure knowledge remains current regarding senior activities through completion of continuing education courses and networking opportunities with other community professionals.
16. Support the Executive Director in referral source development efforts, work cooperatively with Community Marketing Directors and assist with marketing events held at the community to build the census of the property.
17. Develop, implement and manage a "New Resident Welcome" program at the community.
18. Develop, implement and manage a "Resident Birthday" program at the community.
19. Develop, recruit, manage and schedule Community Volunteers. Complete and maintain all required logs and paperwork associated with the Community’s Volunteer Program.
20. Ensure that a Resident Council Meeting is held each month.
21. Accurately and timely Performance of all clerical work connected with the position (e.g., Monthly Activity Calendar, Community Newsletter).
22. Assist with set-up of special events.
23. Aid in community marketing effort through demonstrated proficiency and willingness to conduct community tours, participation in all required marketing events and through positive/friendly interaction with all potential residents, family members and referral sources.
24. Arrange for coverage of job duties within the department during employee absences either through delegation or personal completion of duties.
25. Per State of California regulations, as a "mandated reporter" you must report all known or suspected incidents of resident abuse of dependent adults or elders.
26. Participate in daily "Stand-Up" meetings to communicate key issues within the department.
27. Obtain and maintain all state required certifications/licensures.
28. Encourage teamwork through cooperative interactions with co-workers and other departments.
29. Support a positive and professional image through actions and dress.
30. Maintain a safe and secure environment for all staff, residents and guests, following established safety standards.
31. Ability to successfully complete a criminal background check and drug screen.
If this describes you, we want to meet you.
We offer great pay, benefits, 401K, and a wonderful working environment.
For consideration, apply online or in-person at:
The Village Assisted Living and Memory Care
1919 Brinker Road
Denton, TX 76208