Job Title: Regional Manager Loss Prevention, Audit & Firearms Compliance
Department: Loss Prevention
Reports to: Managing Director of Loss Prevention, Audit & Firearms Compliance
Office Location: This position will be responsible for stores located in Illinois, Indiana, Western Ohio, Kentucky or Tennessee and office location will be within this Territory.
Position Summary: The Regional Loss Prevention Manager is responsible for the control and reduction of shrinkage at the stores in their Territory. Investigates and resolves all matters that jeopardize or cause a loss to the company’s assets. Has ownership for all company related shrinkage programs in their assigned stores. Overnight travel is expected to be approximately 40 percent. The incumbent will be provided a company car, laptop and smart phone. Other benefits: Health Insurance, prescription drugs, vision, dental / orthodontic insurance, life insurance, short & long term disability insurance, additional voluntary supplemental insurance benefits, vacation, paid time off, bereavement pay, jury duty pay, 401(K) savings plan and merchandise discounts.
Relocation assistance is not available.
Position Responsibilities Include:
● Interview of internal theft suspects achieving a high success ratio.
● Conducts Loss Prevention – Operations Compliance Audits
● Ensure compliance with all Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives rules, regulations and standards related to the sale of firearms.
● Ensure compliance with all State rules and regulations related to the legal sale of firearms.
● Assesses high shrink stores to identify, measure, and quantify causes of loss, while developing and implementing cost effective solutions to reduce and / or prevent shrinkage.
● Oversees special shortage control programs designed to reduce losses in stores with excessive shrinkage while monitoring effectiveness.
● Functions as the key liaison between the Stores Regional Managers, District Managers, General Managers and Loss Prevention in assigned Territory.
● Conducts training and coaching of store management and associates in proper procedures and Loss Prevention Standards.
● Conducts routine auditing of key store financial reports and participates in the preparation of store product inventories.
● Oversees the effective deployment and ongoing operation of all physical security systems and devises at store level (Burglar Alarms, CCTV, EAS, etc.)
● Certification as a CFI (Certified Forensic Interviewer or LPC (LP Certified) preferred.
● Bachelor or Associates Degree in criminal Justice or related field of study.
● Three to five years of Loss Prevention experience with prior success overseeing multi store specialty or big box retail stores or a highly successful single store Loss Prevention Manager ready to take on and succeed in overseeing multi store responsibilities.
● Knowledge of Firearms and ATF Rules / Regulations regarding Firearms Compliance.
● Successful interviewer with proven statistical results via phone and in person.
● Ability to analyze shrink reports and conduct follow-up investigations.
● Authors comprehensive case files and written reports.
● Ability to work independently.
● Demonstrated ability to make decisions in stressful situations.
● Excellent time management and ability to prioritize and multi-task.
● Strong understanding of Exception Based Reporting systems such as Aspect.
● Proficient in Microsoft Word (ability to insert headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and / or adjusting table columns).
● Proficient in Microsoft Excel (ability to use SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and / or print scaling).
● Proficient in Microsoft Power Point (ability to apply a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and / or formatting fonts).
● Basic Computer skills, the use of Outlook and Calendars.
● Proficient with Loss Prevention Exception Reporting (ASPECT LP Systems) a plus.
● Ability to deliver training at Corporate Level, Regional Level, and District Level meetings and discussions and makes presentations with poise and control.
● Builds and maintains positive and productive relationships with field and headquarters associates in order to accomplish objectives and goals.