We are looking for a full time sales representative initially for the New England market. Some travel required to various locations throughout the New England Region and the US.
This is a new position to support the growth of our existing customer base. The ideal candidate will have a background in the hospital/ medical, farming or agriculture industries. Direct sales experience is required.
- Maintain and increase market share by executing a territory plan and prospecting new business.
- Obtain increased business within existing accounts while cultivating and developing new accounts.
- Developing and following up on technical leads and assisting in nurturing new clients into long term customers.
- Maintaining positive communications with all departments to facilitate growth and opportunity for our company and our associates.
- Meet territory revenue and product mix objectives and satisfy customer needs by educating and selling products to hospitals, physician offices, farming/ agricultural groups, grocery/ food distribution groups.
- Provide extraordinary customer service by guiding the customer through the procurement process; pre and post-sale coordination of products and services.
- Promoting sales and increasing market share by introducing company products and helping customers apply and develop disinfectant systems solutions.
- Working productively and creatively with the operations group.
BS/BA degree is required. Biotechnology, Marketing or Business/ Sales major is strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Prior successful sales history selling in different markets such as biotechnology, hospital supply, agriculture/ grocery distribution products and/or services desired
- Project a positive and professional image
- Ability to work within a professional, collaborative environment
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Self-starter, articulate, dependable
- Ability to work autonomously
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, excellent multi-tasking skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint
- Strong presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal and selling skills (listening, probing, closing)
- Ability to comprehend technical product line
- Ability to understand and develop strategies against the competition
- Provide accurate business forecast as requested
- Execute a sales strategy and direction within your designated territory
- Lead customer development at designated key accounts
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Extended hours of sitting at a computer
- Must be able to drive
- Must be willing and able to travel by airplane
- Must be able to lift at least 30 pounds
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time at conferences and regional shows