Miracle Systems is looking for looking for a Sr. Governance Lead at Crystal City, VA. The successful candidate must fulfill the following roles and responsibilities with must have skills and qualifications:
Roles & Responsibilities:
● This role is responsible for ensuring that the overall agency and CIO Policies are consistent with federal laws and mandates.
● Also cover the maintenance of the overarching Agency IT governance framework that integrates all processes that control IT execution within the CIO shop and the Agency.
● Experience with processes and artifacts that govern both the waterfall and Agile methodologies. Working collaboratively with Division Chiefs, Branch Chiefs, and functional SMEs, this role will collate information on and author IT policies as well as take responsibility for conducing analysis of Agency policy, processes, SOP’s through the Policy Working Group (PWG) meetings.
● Role requires document policies, applicable standards, processes, practices as well as associated templates to effectively govern systems engineering and IT project governance frameworks.
● Role requires, in conjugation with the PMO, performs audits of IT projects to establish compliance or lack thereof with Agency IT governance frameworks. Further and as applicable, this role works collaboratively with EA and Engineering leads to cycle lessons learned and key findings from such audits that may have an impact on EA and SDLC reference materials as part of a continuous improvement policy.
● Role engages in policy research on OMB MAX and NIST regulations, FITARA IT Policy Archives, white papers (CEB, industry), CIO.gov, Thomas (federal legislation), and draft legislation, to identify potential impacts to CIO policies or activities.
● Role takes responsibility for facilitating and conducting monthly PWG meetings and prepares the agenda, developing materials for review, leading the discussion, drafting meeting minutes, archiving and distributing meeting minutes. Take responsibility for the development and maintenance of a Quality Management Plan (QMP) that serves as a reference for IT Projects to leverage, to include procedures, guidance and templates for promoting standardization and enhancing quality and reliability of work products.
● Governance Lead will also be responsible for leading and facilitating Policy Working Groups (PWG) to share, discuss policy research, policy impacts and updates etc.
● Responsibility will cover the maintenance of the overarching Agency IT governance framework that integrates all processes that control IT execution within CIO and the Agency
● Experience working with Enterprise IT Governance frameworks to effectively govern both waterfall and agile methodologies
● Researching and drafting Agency wide IT Governance policy documents
● Understanding and identifying federal policy impacts across both business and technology to include impacts to SDLC processes, templates etc.
● Experience leading and facilitating Architecture and Engineering review board meetings (ARB, ERB etc.)
● In this role the Governance Lead will be responsible for leading and facilitating Policy Working Groups (PWG) to share, discuss policy research, policy impacts and updates etc.
● Experience collaborating with Program Management Office (PMO), Enterprise Architecture (EA) and Systems Engineering – to conduct IT Audits of IT projects to ensure compliance with governance standards and policies
● Experience and strong understanding of IT systems, EA and development methodologies (waterfall and Agile)
● Experience developing and maintaining an Quality Assurance Plan (QAP) at Program and Project levels
● Bachelor’s degree in related field with at least 8 years of experience working with and leading IT governance practices at federal agencies. Master degree with 6 years of related experience is also acceptable
● Implementing processes and standards to meet the requirements of FITARA
● Experience with NIST, FISMA, FedRAMP, OMB circular A-130 standards and developing associated policies and compliance procedures
● Experience with Federal Enterprise Architecture (EA) practices and models
● Certifications on governance frameworks COBIT, ITIL and experience with CMMI, IEEE is desired
About this Company
Founded in 2003, Miracle Systems is a mature small business with 95% Prime contracting positions. We are a CMMI-3, ISO 9001-2008 and ISO 20000-1: 2011 certified firm. Our employees provide leading edge solutions and outstanding services to our federal clients in partnership with major software and technology vendors. Some of our federal clients include US Department of State (DOS), US Department of Justice (DOJ), US Air Force, Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), DHS/Transportation Security Administration (TSA). To know more about us visit www.miraclesystems.net
Equal Opportunity Employer: Miracle Systems is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws.
Send Resumes via email to HR Manager, Miracle Systems at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or via mail to Miracle Systems LLC, 1621 N. Kent Street, Suite 1000, Arlington, VA 22209.