The home health
aide is responsible for
the timely performance
and documentation of personal care service
delivery to the patient in accordance
with accepted standards of practice
regulatory guidelines. S/he
assists the Clinical
Team Manager in improving the clinical & financial performance of the location.
DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES & COMPONENT PROPORTIONS:
Work Flow Necessary to Ensure Clinical & Financial
Success (component proportion: 75%)
1. Embraces and adheres to the use of electronic documentation via the organization’s software solution.
Completes assigned Work Flow tasks within timeframes allotted by
3. Responds to daily patient assignments and responds in accordance
with Divisional guidelines when s/he will not be able to accept assignments.
Performs and documents home health aide service delivery in accordance with internal
5. Responsible for the submission of all documentation to ensure timely
submission of agency billing.
6. Reviews data regarding patient
assignments, e.g., Plan of Care, and/or Coordination Notes
to service delivery.
Submits request for new supply requisitions when a new supply order is needed.
8. Participates in the reporting
of abnormal findings
to the appropriate healthcare professional,
9. Participates in patient case conferences and documents ongoing Coordination of Care with other members of the healthcare team.
QAPI Activities / Home Health Compare Results (component proportion: 10%)
Reports and documents Client Complaint & Client Occurrence
Events, when appropriate.
2. Participates in the QAPI
agency, seeking to identify opportunities for performance improvement.
3. Reports significant patient findings
to the RN Casemanager and/or
Clinical Team Manager
collaborates on actions or interventions to be taken.
Reports and documents patients infections per internal policy.
Program Administration Coordination (component proportion:
1. Responsible for the appropriate use of agency resources including but not limited to supplies and/or personnel
to ensure financial success.
2. Consistently meets staffing
productivity standards in accordance with Divisional expectations.
3. Works to maintain
collaborative relationships with patients,
referral sources and/or physicians.
4. Maintains availability at all times during his/her scheduled hours of work, either in person or by
5. Participates in internal
staff meetings and training activities, as assigned.
6. Collaborates with members of the marketing team to assist in identifying potential referral sources, and patients appropriate for home care.
Performs all other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS:
1. Minimum of one year of experience as an aide or attendant providing personal care services,
preferably in a home health, hospital or skilled nursing facility setting.
2. Certification as a Nurse Aide within/by the state of licensure
Skills & Abilities
Has a positive
attitude and willingness
to learn throughout employment.
Self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication
Ability to work with both clinical and non-clinical staff members.
to learn and utilize software solution, inclusive
of Divisional Work Flow tasks.
be organized and have the ability to manage multiple tasks & priorities at any given time.
Possesses a firm foundation
of basic aide skills.
be capable of passing a competency test prior to assuming duties.
be willing and able to attend at least twelve (12) hours of in-service
training per year.
have satisfactory references from previous employers.
be able to pass a background check which may include
criminal history check and OIG sanction screening.
be willing to submit to and be able to pass a random drug screening.
F. Must have a dependable
a valid driver’s license, and maintain vehicular
insurance in accordance
with laws of the State.
Risk Exposure (bloodborne pathogens)
Ability to participate in physical activity.
Ability to do extensive
bending, lifting and standing
on a regular basis.
while standing and being involved
in physical activity.