This is a full time role with Scientific Games located either in Alpharetta, GA or Chicago, IL
Sr. System Support Engineer
Working within the Lottery Technical Operations organization as part of the Lottery Systems Implementation & Support team, is responsible for the support of the server solutions related to systems and products in operation for the Lottery Systems. Works closely with other Scientific Games departments to ensure the timely support of all products. Demonstrates a high degree of initiative and provide timely completion respecting the organizational level and service level agreements in place. Has a thorough understanding of all tasks assigned to the LSIS department.
A Sr. System Support Engineer must have a subject matter expert (SME) level of knowledge on server architecture or networking.
• Maintain technical knowledge of Scientific Games proprietary server-based products.
• Gain a thorough understanding of each production system, application and the processes and
procedures followed by internal and Customer users to identify opportunities for operations
• Provide remote and phone support for tier 2 technical issues related to Scientific Games lottery based systems/Products System.
• Document technical process, procedures, build documents and checklists.
• Ability to be on 24/7 On-call support on rotational basis.
• Create, maintain and update various troubleshooting procedures, knowledge bases, technical bulletins.
• Reviewing new technologies as needed.
• 1+ years of database management.
• 1+ years of SQL, MySQL or other database architecture.
• 1+ years of process design and implementation.
• 2 + years on-the-job scripting and operations.
• 2+ years of development with at least three programming/scripting languages.
• SQL Scripting.
• Shell scripting. (awk, sed, and/or perl).
• Windows Batch/Powershell Scripting.
• Windows Management Instrumentation.
• Linux System administration (Red Hat, Debian and/or Ubuntu).
• Windows System administration (Server 2008+).
Scientific Games is a leading innovator in the global lottery and regulated gaming industries. Beginning with the breakthrough technology that launched the world’s very first secure instant lottery game in 1974, the company has continued to advance the games, technology, programs, marketing research and security that have been a driving force behind the success of more than 300 customers on six continents over the last 40 years. The world’s top-performing lotteries and gaming organizations partner with Scientific Games for game content, technology, customized programs and managed services that engage today’s players in new and exciting ways, provide solutions for both traditional and interactive channels – and ultimately, increase revenues.