Senior Manager-Global Transportation
( Learn More )
4 Year Degree
At least 7 year(s)
This position is located in Reno, NV
The candidate will have a strong background in transportation operations, systems, and processes.
• Work with operations regional leaders to streamline process, planning and execution. The Senior Manager Global Transportation will be an integral team member of the Global Logistics organization as he/she will design, report and support cross-team facilitation for Transportation Optimization solutions and changes within TMS applications.
• Directs traffic / transportation of raw and finished goods:
- Inbound / outbound freight management (domestic and international)
- Negotiate carrier contracts for IGT
- Support Import / export global trade compliance processes
• Oversees a transportation budget of ~$60M and ~10 to ~15 employees.
• Partner with Regional Transportation teams to build best practices and processes around transportation planning.
• Solid understanding of all Transportation Modes and costing to design and build optimal transportation processes around order planning, allocation schedules and lead times
• Design and optimize new TMS (Transportation Management System) planning processes across International Game Technology network.
• Identify operational efficiency from process changes within the supply chain to automate the up and downstream TMS processes
• Serve as a subject matter expert in Transportation Planning that drives the process and system changes.
• Excellent understanding of the concepts of business process measurement, including On Time shipment and delivery, carrier utilization, EDI messages, and lead time.
First Year Goals
• Leverage current and future business requirements, market intelligence, and historical spend to develop innovative Transportation strategies that drive higher service levels, optimize transportation network and cost reduction.
• Establish Transportation metrics and savings targets, monitor performance, and communicate these to stakeholders.
• Create a Transportation specific initiative pipeline that will forecast and direct Transportation projects.
• Implement the Global Transportation strategy by directing transportation activities.
• Develop and lead cross functional teams to execute on strategy.
-Maintain expertise in the Transportation group through relationships with regional operations teams, business units, transportation suppliers, market experts, and global/regional liaisons.
• Advise company management on Global Transportation initiatives, objectives and associated risks. Including saving programs for all modes of transportation and associated with global transportation and help managing of such identified and agreed upon programs by upper management
• Evaluate Freight Payment systems and provide recommendations for improving process, organization and technology solutions.
• Conduct regular Quarterly Business Reviews to assess suppliers’ performance and continuous improvements.
• Establish and maintain transportation manuals and standard operating procedures
• Serve as the Global Transportation expert in the selection, ongoing managing of relationships and escalation of issues with all modes of transportation carriers.
• Organizes regional Transportation council meeting, shares best practice and communicate regulation updates
• Look for ways to continuously improve the global transportation program
Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Logistics Management, Operations, or a related field is required.
• A minimum of 7-10 years of Transportation or Logistics operations management experience
• Experience in SAP functionality and TMS Systems
• Good communicator (verbal/written) who can explain transportation/supply chain concepts in terms that the business understands
• Experience and full understanding of Order to Cash process
• Exceptional customer service skills. Looks to lead by serving peers and internal customers.
• Self-managed and results driven, with the ability to work independently and deliver projects on time.
• Proven skills to work effectively across internal functional areas in ambiguous situations
• Exceptional listening skills. Seeks to first understand others.
• Strong attention to detail
• Experience in analyzing and profiling both source and transformed data
• Experience in High Tech, Electronics or Consumer Goods
• Understanding of transportation, distribution, and warehousing concepts Exposure to Supply Chain Network modeling and strategy concepts
Special requirements needed
Ability to Travel
Must be at least 18 years of age
Keys To Success
• Drive results to achieve high-quality work results regardless of work complexity.
• Build collaborative relationships both internally and externally
• Decision making to identify and understand situations; identify opportunities to proactively resolve.
• Personal energy to proactively address situations and adopt a positive approach; resilience in front of change and obstacles.
• Self-leadership to continuously learn and develop oneself
• Foster innovation
2017 True Careers Inc. All rights reserved |
Entry Level Jobs
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in UK
Free Career Test