Promotes the mission and core values as an integral part of the organization’s culture. Facilitates understanding and application of the mission and values into all organizational decisions, policies, programs, practices, and strategic planning. Accountable for the oversight of annual budgets, long-range planning, development and implementation of policies and procedures, marketing the ministry, customer and public relations, organization and administration of employee functions, capital budgets, cash management, new program development, and fund development. May function as the licensed administrator of record to meet regulatory intent.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Works collaboratively and efficiently with Ascension Senior Living, consultants, and ministry staff in planning, developing, implementing and evaluating all ministry programs and services. Develops cooperative and strategic relationships with the local community.
• Leads the development of sound financial objectives and ensures they are met by forecasting, budgeting, aligning monetary resources, developing strategic plans, measuring results; initiating corrective actions and minimizing the impact of variances.
• Insures that funds are collected and expended according to policy and to the best advantage of the ministry.
• Insures compliance with regulatory agencies governing the ministry health care delivery.
• Insures mechanisms are in place to provide high quality of care and services within the ministry.
• Fosters a smooth functioning, efficient operation through timely and effective resolution of grievances from residents, families, and staff.
• Functions as the liaison between the Board of Directors and ASL leadership. Participates in monthly ministry governance meetings to present information congruent to board direction and responds to questions regarding ministry operations.
• Oversees all ministry development activities related to new product development.
• Coordinates supplemental support to product lines through ASL all departments.
• Creates and/or implements appropriate policies and procedures consistent with the ethical and religious directives for Catholic Health Facilities in accordance with ASL policy on
policies. Ensures that the appropriate ASL standardized operational and administrative policies, procedures and processes are communicated and implemented.
• Negotiates contracts meeting needs of the ministry and maintains contract(s) in VCH contract management software.
• Prioritizes quality improvement programs and person-respected care initiatives.
• Supports and facilitates creativity, innovation, and cost-effective continuous improvement efforts as they relate to operations and quality of service rendered to residents.
• May perform other duties as assigned or requested
• Performs those administrative activities necessary for the effective management of the department, including provision for the selection and development of employees, salary and budget administration, employee counseling and motivation, disciplinary action, organization of goals and objectives, and planning, organizing, integrating and measuring the work performed within the department.
• Challenges Ministry Leadership teams to be creative and fluid in systems and programming development.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• Advanced professional preparation MBA, MHA or comparable degree, preferred.
• A minimum of (5) five years with all levels of the continuum of care: IL, AL, and SNF, required.
• Experience in a growth oriented environment.
• Demonstrated success in an operations role with significant operational accountability.
• History of successfully standardizing key operational and administrative components within organization.
• Experience with working in an integrated health care system a plus.
• Successful implementation of programming that maximizes reimbursement opportunities into the system
• Significant experience with complex payors.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• Must have a current Nursing Home Administrator or Adult Care Home Administrator license, with the capacity to obtain other licenses based on division needs
• Must have a valid state driver’s license.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Must possess strong collaborative, interpersonal, organizational, multi-tasking, verbal and written communication skills, and a desire to create a high-performance, effective team that can produce consistent, demonstrated results.
• Must demonstrate on an ongoing basis the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with co-workers and ministry leadership.
• The position requires a mature, trustworthy individual with a comprehensive knowledge of accounting, financial reporting and an understanding of generally accepted accounting
principles. The incumbent must demonstrate the ability to communicate clearly and concisely on oral and written form.
• Competencies needed for this position include strong interpersonal relationship skills, detail oriented, work in collaboration with others, demonstrate a high degree of integrity and personal commitment, possess strong analytical skills, be able to work independently and manage multiple deliverables at the same time.
• Ability to function in a matrix environment and demonstrate a passion to succeed, be self- motivated, dependable, committed, and a willingness to see a project through to its conclusion.
• Working knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Frequently required to push and pull items, such as resident/patient beds, requiring a force of up to 75 pounds.
• Frequently required to carry or lift items weighing up to 25 pounds at waist height. Required to obtain assistance of another qualified employee when attempting to lift objects over 25 pounds.
• Frequently required to assist in maneuvering resident/patients weighing 100-400 pounds and occasionally required to assist in maneuvering resident/patients weighing over 400 pounds.
• Tolerate standing and walking for up to 8 hours at a time on hard and soft surfaces.
• Frequently perform activities that require stooping, bending and reaching, squatting, balancing, and trunk twisting throughout the day.
• Constantly able to effectively communicate.
• Occasionally required to sit in a stationary position for up to 30 minutes at one time.
• Frequently able to detect and discern both loud and soft sounds such as resident calls, verbal orders, monitors, and phone calls.
• Frequently able to use hands and fingers to perform simple and fine motor handling tasks, such as taking vital signs, writing, and using a keyboard.
• Frequently able to use different types of visual perceptions to perform activities such as moving medical equipment, evaluating resident/patients, reading monitors and charts, and reading computer screens.
• Occasionally required to detect unusual odors that could indicate infection or other problems with a resident, or environmental issues such as smoke.
• Possess a personal presence characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals and values of ASL.
• Possesses a willingness to learn and apply Catholic Healthcare principles and values in the discernment and decision making process for all matters.
• Creates and maintains a partnership between employees, the community, and those we serve that fosters an environment honoring individual preferences, choices and traditions.
Via Christi Villages/ Ascension Senior Living is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion or other legally protected status.