RN - CASE MANAGEMENT COORDINATOR
CAPITAL MEDICAL CENTER
( Learn More )
4 Year Degree
3 to 5 years
The Case Management Coordinator (CMC) provides support and coordination of work assignments for the Case Managers. The CMC coordinates the daily operations of case management and related services. The CMC communicates with physicians concerning specific needs and communicates with the Department Director concerning services and ongoing needs. Knowledge and demonstration of good communication skills, interpersonal relationships, personal maturity, organizational abilities, and independent work aptitudes are essential. Confidentiality of information and discretion are required traits to manage the business functions of the Case Management Department. As assigned, manages special projects through to completion.
1. Ability to meet minimum hospital hiring standards
2. Associate’s Degree or BSN or higher with related coursework
3. 3-5 years related work experience
4. General knowledge of and ability to operate office equipment
5. Strong proficiency with related computer software to include Microsoft Office Suite programs such as Word, Excel and Outlook
Essential Job Functions (Coordinator)*:
1. Communicates with the hospital admission system to coordinate patient required level of care. Assists in the placement of patients in different phases of the healthcare delivery system. Utilizes service of Executive Health Resources, when necessary, to determine appropriate level of care. Facilitates discussions regarding admission status between case managers and primary physician and/or UM Physician advisor.
2. Demonstrates knowledge of and properly utilizes and develops an internal and external resource network. Develops strategies to improve system efficiencies.
3. Facilitates and analyzes reports related to LOS management, readmission reduction, and efficient utilization of resources.
4. Assists in coordination and evaluation of daily operations to ensure quality service.
5. Assists in the development of monthly schedule to ensure proper staffing
6. Attention to detail, accuracy in documentation, and strict confidentiality related to patient care areessential.
7. Maintains compliance with regulatory requirements, including all state, joint commission, and federal regulations under the supervision of the Director of Case Management
8. Accepts personal accountability for own professional development and demeanor. Contributes to the professional development of department staff and fosters teamwork. Actively seeks knowledge and skills appropriate to the practice setting.
9. Ability to utilized medical criteria and document in multiple software applications i.e., Interqual
Essential Physical, Mental and/or Environmental Working Conditions:
1. Must be able to meet the physical/mental demands of position with or without accommodation. See checklist (page 2) for specific physical, mental and environmental working conditions.
2. Must be able to utilize good judgment, demonstrate patience, and maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
3. Must be able to work in a busy and stressful environment.
2017 True Careers Inc. All rights reserved |
Entry Level Jobs
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in UK
Free Career Test