Sales Rep / Outside Sales / Account Executive
( Learn More )
For more than 85 years, Terminix has built a reputation as one of the nation’s leading providers of termite and pest control services, safeguarding over 3 million homes and businesses against all types of pests in 47 states and 14 countries.
What is this role about?
Our Outside Sales Representatives play a key role at Terminix working with home owners to ensure they have the right products and services to protect their property from Termites and other pests.
What does a “Day-in-the-Life” look like?
Equipped with a company vehicle and excellent industry training, our Sales Reps are out in the communities Terminix serves meeting with new and existing customers. Sales appointments are typically pre-arranged with customers who have already expressed a need, giving a head start on the selling process. Your visit would typically begin with an inspection of the home to diagnose the issue (which may include getting in attics and crawlspaces) and be followed by a presentation of a recommended Service Plan to the customer.
Here are a few additional details of what you would be doing each day:
• Documenting descriptions of property and recording accurate measurements of areas inspected
• Estimating job costs and preparing Service Plan recommendations
• Preparing appropriate specs and treating instructions for the agreed to Service Plan
• Contacting customers after service is performed to ensure satisfaction and develop additional prospects
• Prospecting and developing new sales leads
• Continually building product knowledge and refining sales techniques
What do I need to be successful?
• Being a high school graduate/having a GED and a valid driver’s license are both requirements
• 6 to 12 months of sales experience or prior sales training is highly desired, but not required
• You are highly motivated, have a strong work ethic and enjoy the selling process
• You are able to build rapport easily and establish trust, leading to lasting customer relationships
• You have strong communications skills – impersonal, written, presenting
• You can effectively present information to customers one-on-one and in small groups
• You have a good aptitude for basic math-- necessary for doing calculations related to the sales process
• Of course, given our business and the nature of this role, you should be comfortable working outside and in confined spaces like crawl spaces and attics
• For safety reasons (rebreathers have be able to seal to your face) our Outside Sales Professionals aren’t able to have facial hair
Why should I choose Terminix?
In addition to being part of an iconic brand with a rich 85 year history, here are some other highlights of what we offer members of the Terminix Team.
• Comprehensive training and licensure, all paid by the company
• Highly competitive compensation program with uncapped commission potential – average earnings of$40-60,000 in first year with 100K+ earning potential
• Company provided vehicle (that you can take home with you at night) and gas card
• Opportunities for advancement and career growth – including paths into management level roles
• Medical, dental and vision coverage + discounts on ServiceMaster brands
• Short/long-term Disability and Life Insurance
• Paid time off
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work being performed by employees assigned to this classification; they are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
Terminix and ServiceMaster are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
2018 True Careers Inc. All rights reserved |
Entry Level Jobs
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in UK
Free Career Test