IT Installation Team Chief Job
( Learn More )
IT Installation Team Chief (Job Number:431313)
Preform IT Installation and Installation Team Chief duties for MPLS installation upgrades at sites throughout Europe. In support of the SAIC Project Manager, the Team Chief will lead a team of 2 Installers in IT Installation related functions, such as site assessments, material handling to include inventories, installation, technical support to include redline drawings, and testing at DoD sites in the UK, Italy and Mediterranean countries.
The Team Chief will work closely with an SAIC On-Site Engineer and will be responsible for verifying the Engineering Installation Plans (EIPs) and ensuring required IT system materials have been identified and installed correctly (per the EIP), on schedule, at cost and to the required standard. The Team Chief will be responsible for early identification of installation related issues and work with the SAIC Lead Engineering team and Management in CONUS to resolve issues without impacting cost, schedule, or quality.
- Must have a BICSI Installer certification within the last three years
- Preferred Bachelor of Science degree in electrical, computer, or electronics engineering (or closely related curriculum) from an ABET accredited institution. Relevant experience can be considered in lieu of degree.
- Must have a SECRET security clearance
- Must have 5 or more years of experience supporting and leading efforts in 2 or more of the specific engineering support and installation support areas listed below:
- 1. Carrier Systems. This shall encompass multiplexers, ATM Switches, Synchronous Optical Network (SONET) Nodes, Transmission Security (TRANSEC) and Management and Control (M&C) requirements. The Contractor shall determine software configurations within system components to ensure mission requirements are met, to include modem settings, multiplexer configurations, and TRANSEC strap settings, as well as provide expertise in end-to-end troubleshooting of both test and operational missions.
- 2. Internet Protocol (IP)/Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) Systems. This shall encompass Service Provider routers and components, to include but not limited to, Cisco and Juniper Service Provider routers and switches.
- 3. Transport Systems. This shall encompass the fiber optic multiplexers, encryption, and the connection of IP Routers and other Carrier Systems such as SONET into the OTS systems and the Global Information Grid (GIG).
- 4. General Communications Equipment Installation. Have installation team chiefs who understand the basic installation standards taught in the [define] BIC course or outlined in [define] BICSI and Telcordia standards. Such standards include, but are not limited to, installation of equipment racks on raised and solid concrete floors, to include securing the rack in accordance with local area earthquake requirements; leveling equipment racks; providing airflow cutouts; installation of equipment in racks; and dressing of all intra-rack cabling. This also includes installation of cable ladder (overhead and subfloor); installation of C- Channel on concrete floors and walls of varying materials; and dressing of inter-rack cables. Connections to power panel main circuit breakers will be required.
- 4.1. Cable Fabrication. This includes, but is not limited to, fabrication of MIL-SPEC power cables, coax cables of various connector types (N, BNC, TNC), data cables (to include RS-530 other special fabrication assemblies), and Ethernet cables. This shall also include testing of all cables fabricated on site using the appropriate test equipment and tools.
- 4.2. Fiber Optics. This includes, but is not limited to, installation of fiber optic cables (multi-strand and simplex/duplex jumper cables) in external manholes and within a communications facility. This shall also include experience with cutting, stripping and terminating individual fibers; high level of experience with the use a fusion splicer; performing power loss tests; and dressing fiber cables and jumpers while avoiding exceeding the minimum bend radius.
- A background in Army Information Systems Engineering and Technical Support related to Installations and Testing.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 10, 2017, 3:45:12 PM
Primary Location: United States-OK-OKLAHOMA CITY
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: Yes
Travel: Yes, 100% of the time
Shift: Day Job
2017 True Careers Inc. All rights reserved |
Entry Level Jobs
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in UK
Free Career Test