NCCIPS General Maintenance Worker Job
( Learn More )
US-MS-John C. Stennis Space Center
NCCIPS General Maintenance Worker (Job Number:431997)
The applicant must have a willingness to perform as a Facility Maintenance Technician, including serving on the hurricane or severe weather ride out team.
- Position is responsible for Interior and exterior building maintenance duties include the following: general repairs; construction/carpentry tasks (framing, roofing, drywall); specialty floor tile cutting and flex tray installation (training provided); minor plumbing repairs; patching of walls (concrete and drywall); painting; and maintenance of roof, gutters, and downspouts. Cleaning in and around buildings to include spot cleaning/shampooing of carpets, stripping and waxing floors, washing windows, and pressure-washing exterior of buildings.
- Assist other departments as necessary: escort vendors, as required; electrical department (pulling cables); digging ditches/laying pipe; and moving furniture/equipment.
- Clean and maintain shop area and equipment.
- Grounds maintenance duties include weeding, basic pruning, fertilizing, brush and litter removal.
- Maintenance of street signs and markings, curbing, manholes, and sidewalk/pavement repairs as needed.
- Duties will vary by assignment.
- Normal schedule is 8 hours Monday through Friday.
- A valid High School diploma or GED (entry level).
- Knowledge of basic building maintenance and landscaping techniques.
- Ability to apply the basic fundamental, concepts, practices, and procedures to acquire the knowledge and experience to become proficient in the job.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT:
- Ability to obtain & maintain a DoD Secret clearance is required.
- Candidate selected will be subject to a Government background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and/or facilities.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 3, 2017, 1:58:00 PM
Primary Location: United States-MS-STENNIS SPACE CENTER
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
2017 True Careers Inc. All rights reserved |
Entry Level Jobs
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in UK
Free Career Test