This position is responsible for the coordination of multidisciplinary care of patients for Inpatients and Outpatients in the ICU, Medical, and Surgical Departments. Participates in the clinical activities of ICU, Medical, and Surgical Departments. Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates quality of patient care and daily operations specific to patient age and population. Guides and supervises assigned personnel. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to patient population.
Essential Job Functions:
• Coordinates appropriate and comprehensive care of all patients on assigned unit(s).
• Assures delivery of patient care according to policy and procedure and within the scope of caregivers practice through serving as a resource person, assisting with selection of new staff members, orientation of employees, competency validation, and providing input into the annual evaluation process.
• Assist in direct patient care, functioning independently with medications, treatments, procedures, and equipment, demonstrating nursing practice in accordance with Livingston Regional Hospital philosophy, policies, and procedures.
• Serves as a liaison and communicates effectively with medical staff, patient and family members, ancillary departments, and/or other facilities
• Coordinates the flow of daily activities, including, but not limited to: patient care assignments, narcotic counts, correct patient admission, placement, environmental services, equipment and supply availability, environmental safety, integrity and accessibility of emergency equipment, etc.
• Facilitates unit quality activities and implementing changes to improve care or processes. Assists with compliance to regulating activities such as TJC, EMTALA.
• Uses work time productively, limits personal phone calls, personal matters to time off, is aware of unnecessary use of overtime, appropriate utilization of resources and plans care and activities accordingly.
• Works supportively and effectively with nurse director and nursing administration to maintain and promote quality outcomes.
• Functions in a leadership role, demonstrating a commitment to professional accountability and growth.
• Coordinates effectively to decrease patient length of stay by monitoring the timeliness of tests and admission/discharges, as applicable to department. Participates in patient care rounds and assists with planning for “special needs” discharges.
• Performs other duties as assigned and directed to the satisfaction of the director.
Check the items below that relate to the employee’s job and complete the information requested. Use these definitions for the frequency of occurrence:
Occasionally means the person does the activity up to 33% of the time
Frequently means the person does the activity 34% to 66% of the time.
Continuously means the person does the activity 67% to 100% of the time.
Perform repetitive movements w/hands
Left - _____
Perform repetitive movements w/feet
Left - _____
Number of Stairs - _____
Height of Ladder - _____
# of lbs - _100+____
Sedentary – up to 10lbs
Light – 11-20 lbs
Medium – 21-50 lbs
Heavy – 51-100 lbs
Very heavy – 100+ lbs