CAPITAL MEDICAL CENTER
( Learn More )
4 Year Degree
At least 1 year(s)
Position Summary: Responsible for independent performance of a variety of waived, moderate and high-complexity testing. Responsible for testing equipment maintenance, procedure quality control and reagent calibration. Supports department QA studies by collecting statistics and troubleshooting for process improvement. Aids in new employee orientation. Performs other duties as assigned by Director.
1. 4 year Bachelor’s degree
2. Minimum one year experience
3. ASCP or NCA certification or equivalent
3. 7 hours AIDS education or prior Washington state HCA license.
4. HCA License within 90 day
5. AHA Healthcare BLS
Essential Job Functions*:
1. Performs independent, complex diagnostic work on patient samples. Performs Laboratory routine and Stat procedures in a timely manner. Reports abnormal and critical results to physician and/or nursing staff per Hospital policy. Uses the occurrence reports to document errors which may affect patient care. Is a source of information for physicians and nursing staff.
2. Demonstrates ability to work at a generalist level in Microbiology when needed, follows culture set-up guidelines and streaks plates properly.
3. Ensures quality control criteria are met before reports are issued and reviews test results for accuracy before releasing. Adheres to specimen collection and rejection criteria. Records unacceptable and rejected specimens on the appropriate log.
4. Ensures all routine/preventative maintenance is performed during shift and is recorded clearly and adequately. Trouble shoots equipment problem and alerts Director/Supervisor/Biomedical Service promptly when outside service is required.
5. Supports department QA studies by collecting statistics, troubleshooting for process improvement.
6. Performs venipunctures according to Laboratory policy. Recognizes the patient’s age/cultural needs as a relevant factor and applying appropriate critical thinking and decision-making skills.
7. Yearly competencies are completed and on file in the Laboratory. Meets in-service requirements including mandatory education. Participates in CAP testing in all areas worked in the Laboratory. Is responsible for information delivered at department staff meetings.
8. Stays constructively busy and may be required to assist in the performance of other incidental duties as required and assigned.
Essential Physical, Mental and/or Environmental Working Conditions:
1. Must be able to meet the physical/mental demands of position with or without accommodation. See checklist (page 2) for specific physical, mental and environmental working conditions.
2. Must be able to utilize good judgment, demonstrate patience, and maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
3. Must be able to work in a busy and stressful environment.
2017 True Careers Inc. All rights reserved |
Entry Level Jobs
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in UK
Free Career Test