( Learn More )
• Coordinate all outbound shipments (In house carrier, Customer Pickup, etc) using approved routing guide.
• With assistance from Shipping Supervisor, develop and edit as need daily shipment plan in the order management system
• Resolve issues with shipment plan and other issues in Witron that prevent completion of bill of lading and final shipment process
• Create master shipping log to identify shipments, ready time and delivery time
• Communicate planned shipments to carrier central dispatch, and other carriers.
• Maximize outbound load efficiency by combining loads with stop offs.
• Communicate master shipping log to forklift drivers.
• Communicate and coordinate changes in shipment requirements to appropriate carrier and to forklift operators.
• Schedule dock appointments as required for specific customers.
• Communicate and assist in resolution of any late deliveries, driver detention and drop trailer availability issues with daily deliveries.
• Track drop trailers, maintain status of loaded trailers at plant yard and offsite drop locations. Provide weekly trailer report showing location and number of customer drop trailers.
• Create bill of ladings in order system for outbound loads as needed.
• Other duties as directed by appropriate management personnel.
• Adhere to all Safety and Quality Policies and enforce with drivers.
• Solid written and verbal communication skills
• PC and computer application skills (Excel spreadsheets, word processing, Microsoft Outlook Email, etc.)
Experience in the operations of a forklift a plus
Special Considerations: Lifting is generally at or below 30Lbs. without significant repetitions. Moderate exposure to machinery, chemical, biological, and physical risks is anticipated. Operation of a Powered industrial truck is considered at least Industrial and may be considered Heavy as determined by other exposures.
2018 True Careers Inc. All rights reserved |
Entry Level Jobs
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in UK
Free Career Test