( Learn More )
The Maintenance/Facilities Assistant (M/FA) will be responsible to maintain and repair most non-production resources so other maintenance staff can focus on critical production equipment and other essential repairs. M/FA will assist the maintenance personnel with complex maintenance repairs and services. M/FA will be responsible to conduct routine preventative inspections, services and minor repairs on vibratory cleaning, material handling and packaging equipment. M/FA will perform maintenance and repairs of all building and other facilities resources including waste and scrap sites. M/FA will perform weekly inspections of the production facility and support equipment. M/FA will be responsible to insure that production area is cleaned adequately and safe for production operations. Safety measures will be followed when inspecting and conducting extensive cleaning of production equipment. Appropriate Protective Personal Equipment (PPE) will be used while preforming duties. Safety problems and poor operator cleaning will be reported to appropriate individuals. Responsible to follow a preventative maintenance schedule on assigned equipment, keep records on maintenance jobs and tasks performed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for Maintenance/Facilities Assistant
The primary responsibilities for the maintenance technicians are to insure that the following systems are functional.
• While working in a Team environment, the individual must Coordinate, Maintain and Manage all assigned machines and equipment throughout Progress Mfg. facilities.
o Communication, cooperation and planning are critical to accomplishing job duties.
o Be Goal oriented and seek continual improvement in assigned areas and responsibilities.
• Maintain most Progress MFG non-production assets.
• Assist maintenance personnel with complex repairs and other tasks.
• Be familiar with and use Computerized Maintenance Management System (eMaint).
• Production Area Equipment
o Vibratory cleaning equipment
o Packaging equipment.
o Forklift inspections and cleaning
o Grinding and polishing equipment.
o Material handling equipment (carts and bins).
o Minor fabrication and welding on assigned equipment.
o Inspection and extensive cleaning of all production equipment.
o Inspection and extensive cleaning of engineer and special projects equipment.
o May do additional cleaning tasks as required.
• Facilities Maintenance
o Inspection and repair of Offices, Production Areas and Warehouse
o Specific cleaning of production facility.
o Assist with management of waste products (Coolant, scrap metal and maintenance byproducts).
o Minor Electrical repairs (lights, outlets and plugs)
o Minor Plumbing repairs (sinks, toilets, water heater and supply lines)
o Assist in maintaining Physical structure (Doors, windows)
o Maintain Heating and cooling equipment
o Lawn and Yard Care
Repair sprinkling systems
Signs and fences
May do landscaping and trash pickup needed.
Schedule and carry out routine maintenance on all company vehicles and trailers
Take care of unscheduled vehicle repairs or maintenance including required cleaning
• Maintain or increase safety at the work place in all functions.
o Following Lock out Tag Out procedures
o Inspections of machines and vehicles.
o Follow established safety procedures during all repairs.
o Buildings and machinery should be examined for needed improvements.
• Maintain a clean and organized tool room and maintenance supply areas.
o Ensure each work area is properly cleaned and items put away.
o Follow and sustain company 5S program.
• Review and revise SOP's as needed.
• Expected to participate in a variety of goals & projects to achieve continual improvement.
• Communicate status of special projects and normal duties effectively with supervisor and team members.
• Creative, self-motivated, with the ability to take a project from conception to completion.
• Must be able to become certified to safely use the forklift, overhead crane and other material handling
• Must possess a valid driver's license and be able to be insured to operate company vehicles.
• Performs other duties as necessary
Typical Physical Demands: Requires standing, sitting, bending and reaching. May require lifting over 50
lbs. requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate manufacturing machines. This position requires normal
range of hearing and vision.
Typical Mental Demands: Ability to give and receive instructions in English, formulate work plans, prepare
written materials, and articulate goals and action plans. Must have the ability to separate people from
situations and perform constructive discipline when needed.
Anticipated Work Hours: 8 - 10 hours is considered a normal workday. The job sometimes requires
variable work hours including, early morning, evening, weekend, or on-call hours.
• Noise level is often loud
• Requires warring safety glasses, steel toe boots, and ear protection
• Some jobs get hands and cloths dirty or greasy
JOB QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS/physical demands/work environment:
• Must be able to communicate fluently in English
• Willingness and Aptitude towards learning mechanical and electrical systems
• Maintenance experience is preferred
• Welding and fabrication experience is preferred
• Working knowledge of Office applications is preferred
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is frequently required to stand; sit; or use
hands and fingers to lift, handle, write type or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, lift and
talk or hear. Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to
adjust focus. The employee will be required to lift items up to 70 lbs. In addition may be required to view a
computer monitor for extended periods of time. The employee may be exposed to outside weather conditions
and including extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
2017 True Careers Inc. All rights reserved |
Entry Level Jobs
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in UK
Free Career Test