Logistics done differently.
XPO Logistics provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies and we’re constantly looking for talented people to join our team. As the UX Engineer, you will play a strategic role in helping us define, design, and develop an innovative user experience. We will equip you with the best tools in the industry to grow and develop to a level that will exceed your expectations and help you build a career you can be proud of.
Pay benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability, and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
• Facilitate reviews to establish standards review to ensure application designs follow UX best practices
• Present solutions / concepts and build industry-changing applications for the 3rd party logistics industry by specifying interaction design and building prototypes or wireframes
• Work closely with Product Manager, Product Analysts, Software Engineers, QA and Subject Matter Experts on the development of new features and design
• Build efficient and reusable design components
• Gather requirements, create storyboards, user journeys, and flow diagrams
• Conduct in-person usability studies
• Perform design reviews or heuristic evaluations
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
• Bachelor's degree in a related field
• 5 or more years of related work experience; or equivalent combination of education and work experience
It’d be great if you also have:
• An advanced degree in graphic design, interface, information, interaction design, design planning, communications, marketing, humanities, social sciences, or human-centered design
• Demonstrated understanding of how substantial business value can be delivered via innovative design solutions
• Experience managing several projects simultaneously
• Strong prototyping skills
• Experience with Photoshop and Illustrator
• Experience with web and mobile user interfaces
• Excellent problem-framing skills and diagrammatic sensibility with a strong orientation toward “modeling”
• Visualization skills or the ability to leverage design resources to visually articulate models
• Strong sense of process and the ability to innovate in process, tools and conventions
• Ability to work collaboratively on multi-disciplinary teams
• Demonstrated commitment to be mentored and share knowledge
Be part of something big.