We are currently hiring for a Director of Curriculum Development for our Scottsdale, Arizona location. The Director of Curriculum Development is responsible for the development, editing, quality control, and production of the curricula, as well as management of the Curriculum Department.
This position is charged with providing leader ship for the Curriculum Development programs. This includes the planning, development and production of curriculum materials, processes and best practices that are evaluated and acknowledged to be highly effective in improving student outcomes. The purpose of the Curriculum Development Department is to continuously improve STUDENT OUTCOMES through the seamless integration of faculty experience and wisdom with
curriculum development process expertise.
• Liaison between technical content developers, subject matter experts and the academic department to ensure:
o Content is continually fresh and up-to-date (updated annually);
o Student experience is meaningful, dynamic and complete;
o Program materials are deliverable in a variety of scheduling formats;
o Processes exist for deploying assessments, grading assignments, populating the student information system with attendance and grades, and other aspects of record keeping without inordinate dependence on manual methods;
o Outcomes monitoring to allow analysis of effectiveness and need for change;
o Effective instruction practices.
• Work closely with instructional teams and potential partner schools to ensure effective delivery of designed curriculum;
• Quickly oversee existing curriculum deployment processes and prepare strategic and tactical plans for migrating additional curriculum disciplines to a similar development model;
• Research and suggest new programs, seminars, certificates, etc., based on market viability and employment outlook. Oversee development and deployment of projects chosen for adoption;
• Stay current with trends in education and education technology and software;
• Evangelize in the local and broader community regarding our products and services;
• Mentor our subject matter experts and technical content developers to become skilled evangelists.
• Understanding of proprietary post-secondary education with at least 5 years’ experience, preferably with exposure to a variety of departments;
• Proven ability to manage projects and motivate people across departments to achieve goals;
• Experience with research-based curriculum design and a demonstrated ability to curate and understand the varied studies on effective instruction;
• Knowledge of online instructional coursework design in an asynchronous or hybrid modality;
• Working understanding of technology and tech trends, especially web, mobile and programming;
• Demonstrated ability to present to and engage a varied audience.