American Home Shield
( Learn More )
For more than 40 years, American Home Shield has protected homeowners by providing affordable protection against home system component and appliance breakdowns. As the leader in the home warranty industry, we have a network of more than 11,000 pre-screened home service contractors and 45,000 professional technicians that provide convenient, reliable expert service to our customers.
What is this role about?
American Home Shield Authorizers play a very important front-line role interacting with our valued customers regarding their home warranty plan coverage.
What does a “Day-in-the-Life” look like?
This fast paced role is based in one of our Customer Contact Centers across the country. In this role you are interpreting contracts and coverage for inquiries from customers, technicians, and contractors related to HVAC, appliance and other home systems; authorizers often work across departments and utilize multiple resources to effectively resolve inquiries for our customers.
Here are a few specifics of what you would be doing each day:
• Approving initial diagnosis of issues reported by customers
• Authorizing repair (or replacement) of systems or appliances covered by the plan
• Negotiating pricing with contractors
• Coordinating appropriate follow-up with customers or contractors to ensure issues are resolved satisfactorily
• Informing customers of non-covered claims and effectively explaining the reason why
• Providing your technical knowledge and expertise to other colleagues
What do I need to be successful?
• High school diploma or GED is required
• Prior customer service or related experience is preferable
• Experience with HVAC and other mechanical systems highly desirable
• You are able to effectively interpret home warranty plans, contract coverage, etc.
• You enjoy engaging with customers and providing quality service
• You are good at solving problems and explaining solutions
• You are effective at conflict resolution
• You excel at de-escalating upset or frustrated customers
• You thrive in a fast paced environment where multi-tasking is necessary
• You have strong communication skills – interpersonal and written
• You have solid computer skills including having worked with Microsoft Office products
Why should I choose American Home Shield?
In addition to being part of a great brand with an exciting future, here are some other highlights of what we offer members of the AHS Team.
• Comprehensive training, all paid by the company
• Very competitive compensation program
• Opportunities for advancement and career growth – including paths into management level roles
• Medical, dental and vision coverage + discounts on ServiceMaster brands
• Short/long-term Disability and Life Insurance
• Paid time off
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work being performed by employees assigned to this classification; they are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
American Home Shield and ServiceMaster are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
2018 True Careers Inc. All rights reserved |
Entry Level Jobs
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in UK
Free Career Test