Honda Aero, Inc. in Burlington, NC is in search of a talented 3rd shift Engine Test Cell Associate (Aviation) to join our manufacturing team as a member with the responsibility of performing moderate to complex operations involving inspection, test, and rework of aircraft engines.
The essential duties and responsibilities of an Engine Test Cell Associate include, but are not limited to:
• Understand the assembly processes of the jet engine to assist in any problem analysis required during inspection or test
• Perform engine testing and analysis using sound principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures and product requirements
• Assist in the utilization of Manufacturing Execution System (MES) to follow engine work instructions and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) to assist in controlling inventory
• Document technical data and provide timely communication of results
• Support efforts in the resolution of test discrepancies in a period acceptable to testing schedule
• Follow established test-operating procedures using knowledge of product design, materials and parts, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods and quality control standards
• Work from basic blueprints, tool write-ups, sketches, verbal information, etc., to perform assigned work instructions
• Perform visual/quality checks of assembly hardware and maintain 100% traceability of product
• Actively work with support associates to improve product quality and manufacturing efficiency
• Utilize hand tools, check tools, special tools, fixtures, inspection gauges, and precision measuring devices to acquire product acceptance data
• Work with manufacturing equipment used in assembly, inspection, and test; i.e., forklift, overhead cranes
• Maintain a clean and organized work area
• Basic understanding of safety/ergonomics to incorporate practices during all work processes
• Works well within a team environment and is flexible with work hours, overtime, weekend work, etc.
• High school diploma or GED
• FAA certified Powerplant Maintenance License
• FAA Designated Manufacturing inspection Representative (DMIR) is a plus
• Minimum of five years of experience in aircraft engine testing in a test cell environment
• Experience/Knowledge in one or more of the following aero/engine functions: assembly, inspection, calibration, instrumentation, and testing.
• Requires the ability to interpret basic drawings, schematics, and blueprints.
• Requires use of hand tools, moderate to complex instrumentation, and a variety of precision measuring instruments.
• Experience with analysis of basic technical issues in area of expertise.
• Basic understanding of safety/ergonomics to incorporate during build process.
• Strong computer skills to utilize MES (Manufacturing Execution System) and ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system.
• Basic understanding of analysis/investigative tools and systems.
Familiarity with regulatory agency requirements to assure compliance.
Job Related Specific Skills:
• Strong mechanical aptitude with ability to use shop hand and power tools, perform engine test preparation, product acceptance testing, diagnosis, and equipment calibration
• Ability to make judgment/proposals on findings within documented guidelines
• Ability to use moderate trouble-shooting skills within area of expertise
• Ability to document test-operating procedures, engine test results, historical trends, and analysis related information
• Ability to apply basic analytical problem solving skills with good understanding of the engine manufacturing processes
• Demonstrated ability to support continuous improvement at all levels within the organization
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work within an international environment
• Ability to be flexible with job assignment and work schedule
Ability quickly master new tasks