( Learn More )
Someone who can take information and direction from our SME's and produce or update standardized manual /processes/procedures.
Updating IMP procedures as well as general administrative help organizing and managing records
The technical writer is responsible for working with Subject Matter Experts (SME) to improve the quality of written communications within the organization.
• Provide guidance on the use of technical terminology and standards for composing technical documents.
• Compile new information into user guides, Knowledge Base articles, and other forms of documentation
• Reviewing documents for publication
• Collaborate with internal teams to develop/clarify/enhance supplemental documentation
• Help to lead the maintenance of Information Knowledge Base by collaborating with the SMEs
• Edit documents and procedures written by Technical SMEs.
• Tutor SMEs to be more effective in written communication to communicate effectively to a non-technical audience.
• Evaluate personnel writing skills and recommend improvements.
• Experience with technical writing and terminology in the pipeline industry is preferred but not mandatory.
• Ability to analyze documents to provide written and verbal instruction to maintain continuity with Technical writing standards.
• Knowledge and experience with composing and revising technical literature.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficiency in MS Office, including Visio or other Flow/Process charting applications
• Proficiency with embedded hyperlinks within MS word and PDF.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences.
• Ability to mentor and train personnel in a one on one scenario.
• Bachelor of Science in Technical Writing and Communication.
2018 True Careers Inc. All rights reserved |
Entry Level Jobs
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in UK
Free Career Test