Together we can make a difference
At Getinge we are dedicated and passionate about helping our customers save lives and ensure excellent care. We provide innovations for operating rooms, intensive-care units, sterilization departments and for life science companies and institutions. Our portfolio combines well-known product brands such as Maquet, Pulsion, Atrium, Lancer and Datascope – just to name a few.
A career at Getinge will provide career opportunities that both inspire and challenge. Here, you can make a difference every day.
Job Function Summary:
Leads the development of medical devices.
• Designs medical devices and components.
• Designs, runs, and gathers data for a series of experiments.
• Implements design control requirements.
• Analyzes and documents test results in a laboratory notebook.
• Participates in the design of new test methods and procedures.
• Responsible for processing ECO’s and DCO’s.
• Responsible for implementing design control requirements.
• Responsible for analyzing customer needs and market requirements.
• Supports laboratory and clinical research.
• Supports production and manufacturing.
• Acts as project leader and coordinates design control process.
• Prepares reports and presentations and documents progress with senior management.
• Evaluates patents for specific technology areas and files patents as required.
• Vendor specification development.
• Interface with other departments such as Customer Service and Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing, Regulatory and Quality.
• Communicates with physicians and other clinicians on product design and development activities and gathers feedback on product prototypes and clinical procedures.
• Assists in special projects as needed.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related duties as requested.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Good analytical and problem solving skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with good presentation and technical writing skills.
• Ability to manage resources and personnel.
• Working knowledge of tooling and manufacturing processes.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary environment.
• Understanding of FDA Quality Systems Regulations.
• CAD and SolidWorks experience desired.
• Bachelors or Master’s degree in Engineering or equivalent experience.
• Minimum of five years direct product development experience in medical device industry required.
• Experience with medical devices from concept to commercialization.
• Strong computer skills including MS Office applications (Word/Excel) are required.
• Strong engineering, design, and analysis skills.
Getinge is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you share our passion and believe that saving lives is the greatest job in the world, then we look forward to receiving your application. We hope you will join us on our journey to become the world’s most desired medtech company.