Windows Systems Engineer Job
( Learn More )
US-NE-Offutt Air Force Base
Windows Systems Engineer (Job Number:431717)
SAIC has an immediate need for a Windows System Engineer to join our team at Offutt AFB near Omaha, NE. This is your opportunity to join our team designing and deploying the modern cloud environment supporting US Strategic Air Command (USSTRATCOM).
Note: This position offers paid relocation to Omaha, NE.
- IT Management of the Space and Naval Warfare (SPAWAR) Systems Center (SSC) Pacific Research Development Test & Evaluation (RDT&E) network and lab environment (Lab 1357).
- Management of Microsoft Windows servers operating in a virtual environment including packaging, deployment scripting and testing, shell scripting, and tier 3 technical issue resolution.
- Supports the deployment of virtual Microsoft Windows desktops through VMware Horizon technology.
- Additional responsibilities could include special projects and participation in operating system security and strategy development.
- Provide lab management system administration and engineering support focusing on the design, implementation, testing, and maintenance of lab services. Design, install, provision, configure, optimize, tune performance, integrate, and administer various solution technologies in a lab environment.
- Comply with all applicable security and IA policies and directives.
- Research and analyze emerging lab technologies, techniques, and protocols and make recommendations.
- Assist with procurement of hardware, software, and services.
- Support the installation of new lab technology components.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with 9+ years’ experience or 13 years of related experience in lieu of degree may be considered.
- Active DOD Top Secret with the ability to obtain TS/SCI.
- CompTIA Security+ or other IT Security certification. (DOD 8570)
- Microsoft Windows related certification (MCITP, MCSA, MCSE, MCTS, ect.)
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2012; Microsoft Windows 10; and VMware
- 9+ years of experience with Microsoft Windows.
- Excellent technical, verbal, and written skills, plus the ability to professionally present technical solutions to his peers and occasionally the installed user base.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 15, 2017, 2:23:01 PM
Primary Location: United States-NE-OFFUTT AFB
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
2017 True Careers Inc. All rights reserved |
Entry Level Jobs
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in UK
Free Career Test