Product Support Engineer Staff I - B2B Service (325141)
Samsung Electronics America, Inc.
( Learn More )
Product Support Engineer Staff I - B2B Service (325141)
Service, Regular Full-Time
# Samsung Electronics America _,Ridgefield Park New Jersey_ Dec 13, 2017 # General Description Product Support Engineer B2B IT Services
Ridgefield Park, NJ or Melbourne, FL
Responsible for the overall management and leadership to ensure Samsung Electronics America (SEA) B2B Display products operate according to the highest quality standards and product service/repair procedures are highly effective. This role will assume full responsibility and management of all testing activities from cradle to grave. The incumbent will drive clear communication and establish strong relationships between cross-functional teams, domestically within SEA and internationally with production factories, Samsung Korea customer service and development (R&D) teams. This role is accountable for providing sufficient information for higher autonomy to make decisions that affect the cost of product quality and service. Essential Duties & Responsibilities ¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬: The main function of the TV Product Support Engineer is focused on the management of new product introduction (NPI) product quality evaluations, post launch field quality support, and firmware/software updates quality assurance testing. In this position, other duties may be assigned,
• NPI Product Quality Evaluations Prior to Market Launch
• NPI product testing and serviceability evaluations for continuous improvements in product quality, product usability and performance
• Development of detailed test cases and test plans/scripts
• Early production quality evaluations including open box experience testing (OBE) at the TV factories (SAMEX and SEHC)
• May require travel overseas to meet with design, R&D, and factory locations for product evaluation, training and quality review
• Support early production field test activities and work with GBM on addressing top quality issues
• Provide technical repair training and content to training team and support technician/servicer training events as needed
• Create service repair documentations for Samsung Authorized Service Centers
• Development of detailed test cases and test plans
• Confirm compatibility with various external devices customers use
• Field Support
• Perform Display quality testing and analysis by thoroughly reviewing call service data
• Develop service bulletins and training documents related to new TV issues
• Field issues support and analysis including travel on-site to customer location to inspect defective product and provide appropriate corrective actions and solutions
• Provide engineering support and apply effective root cause analysis and corrective actions for resolving complex quality TV field issues reported to Call Center, Tech Support and VOC team
• New and defective parts retrieval, quality analysis and reporting
• Analyze Service quality and report reasons for repeat repair (REDO) and provide corrective actions
• Check quality issue on spare parts which may exhibit same risk/symptom as defective Display
• Technical assistance for TV launching events from PR and Marketing/Sales
• Manage and perform firmware/software quality assurance testing on post-production Displays
• Research and collect Display VOC for strategic implementation
• Track the effectiveness or side effect of countermeasure created during NPI stage
• Data, reporting and quality trend analysis
• Create content to enhance the ability of field service technician personnel to perform reliable repairs. This will include troubleshooting techniques and tips and repair procedures.
• Support “Technical Support” and “Triage” teams with ongoing service documents and training
• Analyze, track and report reasons for repeat repair (REDO) and provide corrective action
• Support training team on product repair training and training content development # Necessary Skills / Attributes
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering required, from an accredited college or university
• Minimum with 6 to 10
• years of experience in a Commercial or Consumer Electronic product support or service support role. Display experience is preferred.
• Knowledge of network infrastructure. Specifically LAN, WAN, VLAN and Videp over Network protocols.
• The ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with multiples levels within the company including Product Marketing and sales, and with external contacts including customers, authorized service agents, sales & equipment service representatives, etc.
• The ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with peers and leadership within the department
• Ability to work cooperatively and to occasionally interface with senior management for technical information exchange
• Work under very little supervision and guidance to identify and ensure achievement of team goals and to complete individual work assignments within established time frames.
• The demonstrated ability to solve problems involving highly diverse conditions requiring creativity to search for solutions among learned things.
• The ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple assignments and projects.
• The ability to read, write, follow detailed technical instructions and interpret engineering specifications, materials or related documents.
• Exposure to confidential data where disclosure is detrimental to the Company’s interests
• Ability to solve problems of differing situations requiring creativity to search for solutions among previous experiences
• (took out to save some space)Ability to negotiate on behalf of function to come to agreement by managing communications through discussions and compromise; issues are short-term operational and medium-term tactical
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Client service driven with excellent relationship management skills
• Ability to facilitate collaboration with diverse groups/stakeholders
• Team oriented, but able to work independently and manage multiple tasks
• Self-directed, self-motivated and results-oriented
Other Required Skills:
Proficient in large data analysis:
the ability to gather and analyze large amount of data from multiple sources
Proficient in MS Excel:
prepare tables/spreadsheets of information using macros, pivots, charts, graphs, determine and measure KPIs, plot performance trends, and prioritize multiple work assignments
• Proficient in the main MS Office suite of tools including MS Outlook, MS Word and MS PowerPoint and be comfortable with presenting and communicating clearly to a large audience including senior management.
Physical/Mental Demands and Working Conditions:
• Operate PC and product test equipment more than 75% of work time in an alternating sedentary and highly mobile position.
• Lift, move, or adjust general TV related test equipment, TV boxes/packages, supplies, materials or products weighing up to 50 pounds using proper materials handling equipment and procedures.
• High level of visual acuity, numeric/character distinction and high level color distinction for accurate test equipment operation, for information analysis and error recognition.
• High hand/finger dexterity with fine motor coordination skills to perform electronic component repair work.
• Machines, tools, equipment, and work aids representative and commonly associated with electronic component test, assembly and repair work including test equipment, testing devices, technician hand tools, cables, etc.; first aid kit is available and prescription safety glasses are required in certain test areas # Company Information
SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS AMERICA
Since being established in 1969, Samsung Electronics has grown into one of the world’s leading technology companies and has become recognized as one of the top 10 global brands. Samsung is currently ranked #2 on Forbes’ “Most Reputable Tech Companies” for 2016 and #6 on Interbrand’s "Best Global Brands” list for 2017.Our network extends across the world, and Samsung takes great pride in the creativity and diversity of its talented people, who drive our growth. As a result of our commitment to innovation and unique design, the Samsung organization is one of the most decorated brands in the electronics industry. Headquartered in Ridgefield Park, N.J., Samsung Electronics America, Inc. (SEA) is a recognized innovative leader in consumer electronics, mobile devices and enterprise solutions. A wholly owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., SEA is pushing beyond the limits of today’s technology and providing consumers and organizations with a portfolio of groundbreaking products in appliances, home entertainment, Internet of Things, mobile computing, smartphones, virtual reality, wireless infrastructure and wearables, in addition to offering leading content and services related to mobile payments, 360-degree VR video, customer support and more. Samsung is a pioneering leader in smartphones and HDTVs in the U.S. and one of America’s fastest growing home appliance brands. Samsung's philosophy is based on our strong determination for growth, perpetual innovation and responsibility to corporate citizenship. As part of our Samsung Gives philanthropic platform, we offer companywide Days of Service, a volunteer time off program, and an employee giving match program, so our employees can support causes that are closest to their hearts and choose how they want to give back. Since 2002, Samsung has provided more than $46 million to more than 1,000 public schools and community organizations in the United States through its many citizenship initiatives, including the STEAM-education based Solve for Tomorrow Contest. At Samsung we work hard every day. It is a fast-paced and challenging work environment, and we are a nimble team that constantly pushes ourselves to be the best. If you have energy, passion, dedication and drive, and you thrive in a fast-paced workplace, the rewards at Samsung are many. Apply today and find out why LinkedIn ranked us as one of North America’s Most InDemand Employers in 2015. Samsung Electronics America provides Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
2018 True Careers Inc. All rights reserved |
Entry Level Jobs
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in UK
Free Career Test