Safety Engineer Co-op
Company: Messer Construction Co.
Messer Construction Co. is an award-winning construction manager and general contractor that provides leadership for complex commercial building projects. An employee-owned company, Messer now stands as one of the nation’s leading health care and higher education builders. Messer’s footprint has grown to nine regional offices located across the Midwest and Southeast: Charlotte, North Carolina; Columbus, Cincinnati, and Dayton Ohio; Louisville and Lexington Kentucky; Indianapolis, Indiana; and Knoxville & Nashville, Tennessee. Messer employees live where they work, resulting in the company’s sustained commitment to building better communities. Messer is seeking a Safety Engineer Co-op to support Messer projects and personnel with safety inspections, project planning, and employee training.
Responsibilities are as follows:
• Pre-construction safety meetings
• Contractor safety orientations
• Weekly site safety inspections
• Involvement in OSHA inspections and related follow-up
• Accident/incident investigation
• Research on safety topics
• Employee safety training
• Organize and lead project safety committee
• Track and identify trends
• Provide coverage for a Safety Coordinator when they are absent
• Be active in safety committees in the region
Administrative functions including but not limited to:
• Completion of paperwork, associated with safety inspections, accident/incident follow-up, OSHA inspections, employee training, safety orientations
• Written communication for fellow safety coordinators about new safety approaches and information compiled at seminars and education programs
• Tracking of safety equipment distributed to the job site
o Efficient with Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint or any new system deemed necessary for job performance
o Good verbal and written communication skills
o Strong organizational skills
o Ability to function in and support a team environment
o Accuracy and consistency of work product
o Ability to work non-routine hours as needed
o Ability to analyze options and problem solve creatively, while aligning with Messer’s business applications and philosophy
o Possess all auditory, speaking and communicating capabilities
o Physical requirements: sitting, standing, walking, bending, twisting, climbing, pushing, pulling, lifting up to 25lbs., seeing and reading
We provide an excellent and comprehensive compensation package with unlimited opportunity for personal and professional growth. If you would like to join our team of employee-owners and are interested in a challenging and rewarding career, please visit our website at www.messer.com/careers.
Messer is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Messer is committed to a diverse workforce.
2018 True Careers Inc. All rights reserved |
Entry Level Jobs
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in UK
Free Career Test