Linux System Administrator (SR700) Job
( Learn More )
Linux System Administrator (SR700) (Job Number:432289)
Linux System Administrator Job Description:
SAIC has a need for a Linux System Administrator to assist the Mission Computing Systems team to design, implement, maintain and support enterprise class, highly available, scalable and secure information systems and applications. We are seeking a highly motivated and self-driven Linux System Administrator with experience in all dimensions of Linux Servers. The position requires knowledge and experience with all the different aspects both hardware and software of the Linux environment as well as supporting all types of services and integration of the services into the environment.
- Under minimal direction, being responsible for troubleshooting centralized and distributed physical and virtual Linux servers by applying technical and operational knowledge to configure, operate, and maintain information processing and telecommunications systems
- Analyzing performance statistics to support tuning, automation, and optimization activities.
- Providing administration of Linux servers, clusters, and desktops to include patching and security compliance requirements as well as troubleshooting customer issues
- Participating in customer projects to provide technical expertise in the area of system upgrades, process improvements, adherence to security requirements, and infrastructure improvements
- Bachelors Degree or 4 additional years experience in lieu of degree.
- Must possess a DOE Q clearance in order to work on a classified network.
- 2+ years’ experience in Linux Server management and troubleshooting (system setup, account management, file services, network configuration, Pxe boot installations, license management, and application hosting, end-user application support) in a classified environment
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills including strong interpersonal skills
- STIG (Security Technical Implementation Guidance) compliance
- Hardware repair
- Interfacing with vendors
- Knowledge of NetApp, Cisco UCS, GPU (Nvidia, Phi), and Intel based machines
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 14, 2017, 4:08:52 PM
Primary Location: United States-NM-ALBUQUERQUE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: DOE Q
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: DOE Q
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
2017 True Careers Inc. All rights reserved |
Entry Level Jobs
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in UK
Free Career Test