( Learn More )
Prepares all or portions of cost proposal estimates for one or more disciplines, including determination of applicable project plans and specifications. Typically handles more complex and/or larger projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: (functions considered essential as defined by ADA)
• Assembles project work scopes in conjunction with various departments and field reviews each work scope with appropriate departments to ensure accuracy and as peer reviews
• Evaluates and updates current craft labor rates and material costs periodically to ensure accurate cost estimating
• Works closely with material coordinators to ensure engineers receive accurate material purchases and delivery schedules
• Analyzes and coordinates with project engineers to assemble work packages to include scopes of work and engineering drawings, ensuring procedures and plans are incorporated into finalized work package
• Prepares project forecasting and cost tracking for project engineers, as well as general milestone plans and scheduling for all capital projects from inception through close-out
• Analyzes and updates project estimate files and project cost tracking and provides project cost reports as needed
• Maintains capital projects estimate library and archives
• Assists engineers with Review/Monitor/Evaluate (engineering & construction), updating project schedules and time lines and preparing progress reports
• Prepares master schedule for all capital projects in conjunction with all associated Project Managers
• Participates in project reviews and status meetings and prepares progress reports by project and/or engineer
Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their superior as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion.
A minimum of five years of capital project background in estimating, planning, materials management with some knowledge of refinery equipment and operations is required.
A minimum of a High School Diploma is required.
PREFERRED EDUCATIONAL LEVEL:
A Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
Basic computer skills. Advanced knowledge of craft skills and requirements for completing tasks, safety policies and practices related to all aspects of refinery work and parts, and vendors and equipment needed for the job. Ability to transform work packages into logical progressive job steps and read and interpret engineering drawings and company engineering standards, and apply industry estimating standards. Working knowledge of critical path methodologies and optimization techniques used in scheduling projects. Ability to learn company systems and planning software. Ability to effectively communicate with others, both written and verbal communication. Advanced reading and writing skills, with the ability to perform intermediate mathematical calculations.
Office based with up to 5% travel by land and air required. Petroleum refinery, warehouse/plant environment and out-of-doors environment including but not limited to chemicals, pressure vessels, tanks, and rotating equipment. Subject to all temperatures, weather and varying road conditions.
Job conditions require sitting, twisting, stooping, crouching, kneeling, talking or hearing, making visual inspections, making precise hand and finger movements, reaching or grasping, lifting and/or carrying up to 25lbs, ability to operate and drive all assigned company vehicles at company standard insurance rates is essential, valid state driver's license and proof of insurance required, perceiving color differences, and wearing personal protective equipment. Job conditions may require standing and walking.
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH, & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Our primary values at HollyFrontier are: We put health and safety first; We care about the environment.
All HollyFrontier employees are expected to work safely every day and be safety & environmental leaders. This includes active participation in the following:
• Stops and/or reports any unsafe work or conditions
• Follows safety & environmental policies and procedures
• Supports safety & environmental goals and initiatives
• Participates in safety & environmental meetings, training, emergency drills and hazard recognition programs
• Reports all accidents, injuries and near misses, and participates in associated investigations
• Participates in industrial hygiene, medical surveillance and behavior based safety programs
2017 True Careers Inc. All rights reserved |
Entry Level Jobs
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in UK
Free Career Test