NUWC Cyber Security Compliance (A&A) Job
( Learn More )
NUWC Cyber Security Compliance (A&A) (Job Number:425562)
Provide support to the Navy command's A&A team to process, create and review Risk Management Framework (RMF) documentation. The RMF process addresses risk holistically and emphasizes the development and use of common standards and processes. Program Managers (PMs) must now begin addressing security and risk earlier, during concept development, and continue throughout the system’s life cycle. Through this transformative effort, greater interoperability and trust across the DoD will be achieved.
Security risk management is an essential management function for protecting the Department’s ability to perform its mission, not just protect its information assets. Policy and legislation mandate specific minimum security requirements to protect mission, information, and IT assets. Computer systems and networks are constantly under attack – putting missions at risk. Within DoD’s Components, balancing information system (IS) security with the need to accomplish the mission is a critical task.
As compliance support the Cyber Security Analyst must assist the program manager and technical program personnel through the process of implementing security controls, creating documentation and working the documentation through the process.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Computer Science, or Information Systems Management, or equivalent experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 2 years’ experience in the IA/Cyber Security field with DOD or DON experience.
- Familiarity with vulnerability assessments tools and applications such as Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS), Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) Compliance Checker, NESSUS, as well as Security Readiness Review Scripts and Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) Benchmarks and Checklists.
- Familiarity with DoDI 8500.1, DoDI 8510.01 Risk Management Framework
- C&A and/or A&A experience
- DOD 8570 Certification (eg Security+ or CISSP, etc)
- Proficiency using the Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) System.
- Must currently possess or be able to obtain a Secret security clearance.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Feb 23, 2017, 6:52:38 PM
Primary Location: United States-RI-MIDDLETOWN
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job
2017 True Careers Inc. All rights reserved |
Entry Level Jobs
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in UK
Free Career Test