**Position requires an in-scope TS/SCI clearance and polygraph.**
Specific duties include but are not limited to:* Building and deploying workstations and servers* Maintaining Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert (IAVA) and Information Assurance Vulnerability Bulletin (IAVB) compliance* Lab Asset Manager (function of the individual(s) supporting the two (2) TSB Labs)* Maintaining network infrastructure (switches, firewalls, etc.)* Systematic recap of hardware* Maintaining software licenses* Creating and maintaining all Assessment and Authorization (A&A) paperwork* Keeping system authorized under the current A&A (ICD 503 RMF process)* Performing software assurance reviews (source code analysis) in TSB Lab
Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
1. Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
2. Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
3. Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
4. Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
5. Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
6. Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
7. Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
8. Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
9. Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
2-5 years of related experience in data security administration.
IAM Level I Certification is required (CAP, GSLC, Security+ce)
A SCATE requires technical knowledge in a majority of the following:• DCID 6/3 or ICD 503 and the Government's certification and accreditation process;• Networks, computer components, system protocols, and COTS technology;• System methodologies including: clienUserver, web hosting, web content servers, policy servers, directory servers, firewalls, WAN, MAN, LAN, switches, and routers;• Software integration of COTS and Government Off-the-Shelf (GOTS) products;• Windows, Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X
A SCATE requires technical experience in a majority of the following:• Configuring and supporting Windows, Linux, Unix, Mac OS, and other operating systems;• Configuring and supporting VMware, Xen, Hyper V and other virtualization platforms;• Software engineering;• Program design and implementation;• Configuration management;• System maintenance;• Integration testing;• Information system engineering;• Penetration testing and analysis;• System certification activities and efforts related to system certification and accreditation;• Research, development, integration, and distribution of IS security tools and associated documentation;• Security procedures for systems and software within area of expertise to ensure consistent security policy implementation.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.