IDEX Corporation is a leading manufacturer of diversified products in industries ranging across health, science, safety, fire and fluidics. Operating in 24 countries, IDEX is an innovative and rapidly growing company, focused on delivering excellence through diverse, winning teams. With a strong reputation for providing career growth opportunities, IDEX is a lean, non-bureaucratic and high performing environment.
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: Support our customers by designing, testing, launching and improving Micropump product.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintain focus on customers’ needs, both internal and external
• Design and launch high quality products on time and to budget utilizing Advanced Product Quality Planning processes and tools
• Implement changes to improve quality and cost
• Develop and maintain control documentation including drawings, specifications and procedures
• Provide technical support to manufacturing team as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND REQUIRED ABILITIES:
• Strong mechanical engineering aptitude, preferably with rotating machinery, pumps and fluid handling areas of focus
• Team leadership or project management experience
• Strong problem-solving skills using root cause analysis methods
• Can develop risk analysis, countermeasures and validation plans
• Able to balance work between two or three high-priority projects
• Demonstrated capability with 3D CAD systems (SolidWorks preferred)
• Experience with contractors, outside service providers and vendors
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: BS Engineering or Technical Field preferred 3+ years’ experience designing and launching product
KEY COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
• Problem solving: The individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully
• Interpersonal Skills: The individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
• Relationships with Others: The individual works effectively and relates well with others Including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company. The employee exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others and works, to maintain constructive working relationships.
• Communication and Contact: The individual communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company.
• Planning/organizing: The individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
• Quality control: The individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Adaptability: The individual adapts to changes in the work environment, rotates into other functions as required, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
• Dependability: The individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
• Safety and security: The individual actively promotes and personally observes all safety procedures. The individual complies with Environmental, Safety, and Hazardous Communications requirements.
IDEX is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled