Social Content Specialist - Martha
( Learn More )
Social Content Specialist - Martha
The Social Media Content Specialist manages the day-to-day posting plans and execution for Meredith brands as assigned, engaging with our social audiences to drive engagement and grow scale. The Social Media Content Specialist:
- Develops cross-platform and platform-specific editorial calendar for social media
- Determines content needs for social (video, live video, designed graphics, articles, recipes, etc.) and works with content and design teams to create
- Works with content teams to coordinate social media promotion plan for each piece of content created
- Writes daily posts for and engages with followers on all Meredith brands' social platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Google+.
- Collaborates with print and digital teams to develop and oversee cross-channel social media programs
- Monitors competitor's social media presence and leverages best practices to make our presence competitive
- Keeps staff informed on social media best practices, competitor growth/activities and new opportunities.
- Develops category knowledge by attending conferences/webinars.
- Attends regular meetings and in-house training on site structure, web metrics, and marketing strategies.
Essential Job Functions
50% Writes daily posts for all social platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Google+. Monitors user activity, engagement and referral traffic. Monitors and interprets stats and best practices for our social media execution.
20% Develops cross-platform and platform-specific editorial calendar for social media. Determines content needs for social (video, live video, designed graphics, articles, recipes etc.) and works with content and design teams to create. Works with Social Media Manager and content teams to coordinate and execute social media promotion plan for each piece of content created. Writes daily posts for and engages with followers on all our social platforms. Implements marketing sponsorships and content partnerships on all social channels.
20% Contributes to developing and executing a social media growth strategy. Works with digital growth team, editorial, product and GM to execute programs including partner, blogger and influencer outreach programs
10% Develops channel knowledge by attending conferences/webinars. Attends regular meetings and in-house training on site structure, web metrics, and marketing strategies. Helps keep staff informed on social media best practices, competitor growth/activities and new opportunities.
Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered.
Bachelor's degree in Journalism/Communications, Marketing, English or related field, or equivalent training and/or experience.
Minimum 3-4 years digital editorial and/or social media writing and strategy experience. Experience writing for digital are a plus.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge and love of social media platforms, strategy and analytics is required.
Exceptional writing and strong organizational skills.
Strong attention to detail, and ability to meet deadlines and multitask at a fast pace.
Basic HTML, Photoshop, Google Analytics SEO, and CMS skills are preferred.
Energetic, well organized and proactive team player
% Travel Required (Approximate): 5-10%
2018 True Careers Inc. All rights reserved |
Entry Level Jobs
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in UK
Free Career Test