Security Scanning Specialist Job
( Learn More )
Security Scanning Specialist (Job Number:430878)
The candidate’s primary responsibility will include continuous monitoring activities requiring determination of patching and configuration issues in various enterprise systems. Resolving these items requires determination of system inventory, system architecture, system production schedules, permission by system owner to implement scanning activities and use of scanning tools currently licensed. The candidate must be able to determine the accuracy of the scan against the targeted system. It includes determining that the scans have successfully assessed the targeted system, that the output is free of false/positive results and that the ratings of the findings generally match established patterns for accuracy. The candidate should be able to track scan findings automatically in some applications and manually in others. The position also includes verification of tickets and creating tickets for application support areas to act on.
The candidate’s qualifications include:
- Knowledgeable of NIST SP 800-30, 800-40 and 800- 53.
- Has the capability to operate scanning applications such as Nessus.
- Is familiar with inventory of computer assets, developing an inventory, and validating an existing inventory of assets using scanning application features if necessary.
- Has knowledge of common vulnerability scoring systems.
- Is capable of differentiating between software flaws and misconfiguration issues.
- Is capable of working with people to accurately determine vulnerabilities and routinely determine potential false positive issues without assistance.
- Has experience in developing checklist results using excel to summarize verbose findings from scans.
- Assists with analysis, installation, configuration, and maintenance of scanning applications on a case by case basis.
- Candidate must have the ability to work independently under limited supervision and provide management with status of projects, problems or other outstanding issues.
- The candidate will participate in meeting regarding scanning findings and results.
- Candidate must demonstrate solid communication skills.
-The candidate will also be writing SQL scripts to data mine scanning data from scanning tools. This data will be used for regular monthly reports but custom queries could be required. The data will then be formatted to Excel or other required reporting tool. The position requires a great deal of concentration and focus.
At least three years of experience working in information technology of which at least 1 year involved administering or supporting the administration of system security.
- *MUST PASS A NATIONAL AGENCY CHECK**
A Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or other related discipline is required.
Eight (8) years of relevant experience is equivalent to a Bachelor's degree.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 19, 2017, 7:53:58 PM
Primary Location: United States-OK-OKLAHOMA CITY
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
2017 True Careers Inc. All rights reserved |
Entry Level Jobs
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in UK
Free Career Test