Associate Data Scientist
Church & Dwight Co., Inc.
( Learn More )
4 Year Degree
At Church & Dwight, we value talented professionals with a strong desire to make a positive impact in our company. Our Information Technology team is looking for a decisive and collaborative Associate Data Scientist whose action-oriented mindset will foster continued growth throughout our leading brands.
In this highly visible role located at our Global Headquarters in Ewing, NJ, you will perform predictive modeling, data mining, and apply other advanced analytic methods in the delivery of profound insights to Church & Dwight. This position will be responsible for consulting with various other areas of our business to gather and translate user requirements into technical design specifications and deliver actionable results back to the business units. This position is part of a new function focused on data science / analytics and Big Data applications.
What you’ll do:
• Collaborate with business leaders to define appropriate opportunities for application of data analytics to transform decision processes
• Generate and test hypothesis that translate business opportunities into appropriate data models
• Validate the effectiveness of proposed data models to business leaders, including expected return on investment
• Collaborate with Information Technology to define paths to implement analytic solutions
• Document business requirements, dependencies and progress by participating in interviews, use case outlines, workshops etc.
• Communicate results to clients using developed KPIs and visualization capabilities
• Understanding the features, functions, and capabilities of software platforms to achieve proper business requirements alignment, allowing data to be turned into easy to read visualization for clients to make better informed decisions
• Analyze the impact that business requirement changes will have on the project and design risk mitigation strategies
• Document dependencies and changes as well as tracking, monitoring and reporting on progress and issue resolution
• Act as a liaison between the development team and business stakeholders and facilitate team interaction
• Assist in leadership communication including progress reports, issue resolution and escalation to management including the creation of deliverables to support communications
What you’ll need:
• Education: Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline is preferred but a Bachelor's degree (BS) with 3 years of experience is acceptable
• The successful candidate will have 1-3 years of experience building predictive models using quantitative methods (statistical and machine learning)
• Good oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint, etc.) and consulting skills
• Experience in using effective methods to obtain relevant client data for data analysis
• Experience with the design of dashboard wireframes and requirements based on discussion with an understanding of technical and visual design considerations
• Ability to help facilitate client meetings and workshops to define client processes and needs
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at www.churchdwight.com/.
2018 True Careers Inc. All rights reserved |
Entry Level Jobs
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in UK
Free Career Test